5.

My eyes hurt from the light. But the rest of my body is completely pain free. I feel someone's hand on mine. My eyes peel open to see who is beside me.

'Zane?' My voice comes out groggy.

'Baby..' He leans up and kisses my forehead. 'You're okay now, I'm here. You're okay.'

'Is- Is Jason..' I choke on my own words.

Anger flashes in his eyes but he tries to cover it, 'He's dead, baby. The ambulance got to you just in time.'

I nod and pull him closer, 'Lay with me.' I scoot over for him and relinquish in the feeling of his arms around me again.

'Ms. Smith? You're awake.' A Doctor comes in and stands against my bed. 'How are you feeling?'

'A little headache. But I'm okay.'

'Good, good. The medicine is working then.' He smiles and checks my blood pressure, oxygen level, and heartbeat. 'You're looking good.'

'Great, when am I able to go back to work?'

Zane and the doctor laugh together. 'Your boyfriend said you'd ask that.'

I look at Zane, amused. 'Did he?'

Zane smirks, 'He did.'

'You won't be back to work for awhile, Ms. Smith.' The doctor informs me.

'I need to finish my case..' I look over to Zane, feeling my panic rise.

'I'm taking care of it, baby.' He kisses my hand. 'Don't worry, take deep breaths.'

'B-But you don't know the case as well as I do. Y-You don't know Tony.. I-I promised his little b-boy I would h-help them, oh god..' My breathing affected my words until I couldn't get words out anymore. My lungs burned too much.

'Baby. You have to breath.' Zane tried to help me but the panic inside of me deafened my surroundings. I saw Zane and the doctor's mouths moving but I couldn't hear what they were saying. My vision started to dot away; the lack of oxygen getting to my brain.

'Cami No!'

Blackness.

*~*~*

Zane's pov.

'Come on doc, she's been out for two weeks, today, what are we doing to help her?'

'Zane, I know this is hard. But right now it's out of our hands. It's all up to Camille.' He patted my shoulder before turning and exiting her room.

I walked back to her bed and pushed her beanie back so I could see her shaven head.

After her panic attack, the serious lack of oxygen in her brain caused her brain to swell. They took her into immediate brain surgery. For this brain surgery they had to shave her head. Apparently during surgery they had some complications that they explained to me, but they used big medical words that didn't make any sense. But I do know that she has a thirty percent chance of waking up; that's it.

It's been two weeks, some people from the firm came to visit her. Even that teenage intern she had. They all brought flowers and condolences, like she was dead. She's alive and she's going to pull through this. I was in a coma for sixteen months in high school, Cami stood by me the whole time. I mean she did meet another guy that turned out to be a psycho, just like Jason. She must have a type when she's trying to get over me.

'Zane?' I look up and see my mom walk through the door. I'm immediately on my feet and pushing her back where she came from. 'Come on son, I'm here to support you.'

I scoff and shut the door to her room, 'Were you supporting me when you told me she left me. Were you supporting me when you and dad told Cami that I died in the school shooting?'

'I-I it was your dad's idea.'

'I figured as much, but you went along with it. Do you know that Cami has no family left, none. Now neither do I. You are all dead to me. You can leave now, I'm with my family.' I shut the door in her face and walk back to Cami.

I curl up beside her on the bed, 'I love you baby.'

'I love you too.' Her raspy voice comes out of thin air making me jump.

Her green eyes are shining as she smiles up at me.

'Cami?'

Her mouth opens to say something but her smile drop and her eyes roll back in her head.

Her heart monitor sounds with a long beep.

-------------------------------------------------------

Bye Camille.. :(

-H