Chapter 37

**TIARA'S POV**

What had happened to my wolf?

I froze there, bewildered. My golden brown fur had patches of black in it, and my paws looked bigger, twice their original size. I just stood there, staring at my paws, unable to move.

A snap broke my reverie. I looked up to meet the cold stare of Tanya's wolf. She looked as taken back as I, over the new avatar of my wolf. She stood there, glaring at me, as if assessing whether to fight or not. She was still in a fighting position, as if ready to pounce anytime, but somehow I could fel her hesitance.

I looked back at my paws, my hare-brain still not able to process what in the world had happened to my wolf. Was I imagining this? I was begining to question my sanity when I felt a sharp jolt of pain curl up my left paw, making me groan.

I jerked Tanya off me and growled at her. She growled back, coming back at me. I tackled her, biting her neck at once. My canines dug through her flesh, and I could taste her sour blood. She was quick to react pushing me off, and freeing her neckfrom the grasp of the hold of my canines. Her fur was soaked in blood, making my insides churn. How could I have managed to do that to her?

She pounced on me again, aiming at clawing my skin. I did the basic defense techniques Jay had taught me during training and they seemed to come to me naturally now, working perfectly. Hope soon got frustrated and growled loudly, biting her paw and pushing her away from us, the force making her fly up in the air, and hit a tree. She fell with a thud, whimpering.

I just stood there, staring at her, not being able to bring myself to believe my wolf had done that. Tanya's wolf was so much stronger than mine, and yet, there she was, lieing on the ground, just because I had pushed her. I was suddenly panicked. Why was my wolf..different? What had happened to me?

Th first person that came to my mind was Jay. I had to call him, I had to have him come and help me. I tried to scream for help to Jay through the mind link, but terror had taken over my voice. I tried to calm myself. Jay was going to be here soon, I just had to call him, and he would make everything alright. He would figure out what was wrong and he would make it normal.

"Jay.." was all that came out. It was a strained whisper, hoarse and desprate.

Before I could hear his reply, Tanya had jumped on me and pinned me down. She was putting excess weight on on my paw, trying to break it. She opened her mouth, flashing her sharp canines, ready to bite me.

I grabbed her paw and twitched it. There was a little snap, her bone was broken. She howled in pain, getting off me and falling to the ground. I picked her up with my mouth ripping her flesh, and lunged her back to the ground with all my might. She groaned, trying to get up.

But all I saw was red. She wanted my mate. She had tried to steal him away. She had made my life hell. She wanted my position. I growled loudly, clawing at her, ripping any flesh I could get my paws on.

"Take it! Take all of it back! For everything you put me through! For eveyrtime I cried because of you! Take it!" I shouted at her through mind link.

"Tiara. Stop" A voice breached through my head. It stopped me instantly, sending ripples of calmness through me.

I stepped aside from Tanya's wolf, which was whimpering and covered in blood. She shifted back to human, and tried getting up, but her right arm looked broken.

She looked up at me, and smirked. The nerve of that woman! I growled, looking at her naked body, suddenly aware that my mate was here. As if realising that too, her smirk got deeper.

"He would never let you harm me" she said, her voice broken and full of pain, but managing to mock me regardless.

I ran back towards her, my paws aiming at her face, tearing her cheek all the way to her neck. She jerked backwards, her hands covering her face.

"I dont think he would want to look at you anymore" Hope mocked back through the mind link. Jay was suddenly next to me, his hands running through my fur. It felt amazing, and if he kept doing that, I would cuddle next to him and go to sleep.

"Tiara, love, please shift back, there are some clothes in the garage." he said, his lips close to my ears, his hands still patting me.

I growled looking towards Tanya.

"I'll deal with her. Please just go and shift." he said, looking towards Tanya too.

I growled. She was naked, he could not see her like that, and Hope wanted to take care of her. She wanted to finish ripping her apart.

Jay growled at me., his hand suddenly coming to a halt. "Dont you growl at me Tiara! You will go inside right now and shift back! No more questions. Go now!" he said, his Alpha voice seeping through the sentence.

But there was a problem. I could sense that he had commanded me in His Alpha voice, but I dint feel the urge to bow down my head, or feel as compelled to do it as before, but I was compelled nevertheless. Yet, the lack of strength in his Alpha voice somehow got to me. Maybe he was going easy on me because I was his mate.

I turned around, jogging towards the garage.

Entering in, I could see the reflection of my wolf on the cars and that brought back the panic from earlier on. I shifted back quickly, changing into a large grey T-shirt and black sweatpants. They were a male werewolf's, I knew that from their scent. Without wasting a minute on how stupid I looked wearing oversize clothes, I rushed back out, mind linking Jay to meet me at the lake. Whatever it was that had happened to my wolf, I wanted Jay to know straight away.

I ran in human from all the way to the lake, my mind racing faster than my legs were going. I reached the clearing, finally taking a long breath.

"That was fast" Jay mocked, leaning towards a tree.

My eyes shot up to meet deep pools of brown. "How-how did you get here so fast?" I panted, out of breath.

"Being an Alpha has its perks" he said coolly, shrugging his shoulders.

He made his way towards me, and stood right infront of me. His nose cringed, as if he smelt something bad. I felt embarrased. Obviously I hadnt taken sweating into consideration as I ran all the way here.

"Why do you smell like another man Tiara?" he asked, his eyes suddenly narrowed and his face serious.

"Huh? Oh, these are the only clothes I found in the garage.."

"Take them off!" his wolf said suddenly, taking over.

I jumped back at the sudden change and Jay stepped back, closing his eyes, trying to calm his wolf.

"W-what?" I asked, feeling blood drain out of my face.

"Nothing. Ofcourse I dint mean that" Jay said, pulling me closer into a tight hug. "that will help you smell more like me again"

His possesiveness made my heart warm, and I hugged him back, holding onto him like my life depended on it. He wanted his scent on me, only his, no one else's. I smiled into his chest.

He pulled apart, looking at me straight in the eyes, his hands cupping my face.

"What you did today.. how you took down Tanya.. It made me proud.." he said, before leaning in and placing a soft kiss on my forehead.