Chapter 16

TWO WEEKS LATER

**TIARA'S POV**

I felt drained out. I felt as if all the life had been sucked out of me. I felt pathetic, to be precise.

I eyes felt heavy, and there was a faint pain in my neck everytime I tried to move. I tried to open my eyes, slowly, but as if they had a mind of their own, they refused to open. Then I heard a voice, not just any voice, a certain silky voice, one which sent a tingling sensation through my body, he was here. Then there was the voice of a woman, I knew that voice, it was familiar, but i couldnt quite put a finger on it.

"I dont know why he's acting this way, he's suddenly over-protective of her, all he wants to do is sit here in this room until she wakes up. For the past two weeks he's not been acting like himself. And it's really frustrating. We have the rouge situation, and he keeps distracting me. What is wrong with him" he said, his voice coming out strained and heavy. That made me feel like crawling upto him and hugging him, to let him know I was here. WHOA- what? I felt like hugging him? Me? hugging him? When i couldnt even speak to him like a normal person..

"It's because you marked her Jay, You're an Alpha, you dont need anyone to seal your bond, once you mark her, your bond is sealed, that is why your wolf is acting this way, he has made a connection with her wolf, he has claimed her to be his, and he has to abide that connection forever." the other voice, who now seemed to be Patricia said.

"Mom, it was a mistake. A mistake for heaven sake! I will not give in to my wolf just because he has made some sort of a connection with her wolf. Marked or not, she is still not good enough for me." then there was a loud thud. He had left? He banged the door, which meant he was angry.

It felt as if my heart was being stabbed continuasly with a sharp silver blade. This wasnt like the usual rejection I had felt till now, it was worse, ten times worse. He didnt want me even after our mate bond had been sealed, he was that determined to stay away from me. He was going to fight his wolf, live everyday struggling to keep his wolf inside, go through all that, just so he could stay away from me? Was i that bad?

"I want mate" Hope whimpered. I felt her inside me, and she was..weak. I felt like crying, like screaming, like sobbing till i couldnt anymore. But for that I would have to wake up.

I tried, with all the strength I could muster this time, to open my eyes. They suddenly flew open, but my vision was groggy. I blinked a few times, until my vision settled, and then took in my surroundings.

I was in the hospital. The room was dull, with ugly blue curtains and it smelled horribly of medicine. I got up, pulling off the blanket. Suddenly i saw stars. I felt dizziness overcome me, and I tried to get back on the bed, but i couldnt seem to be able to turn around and climb it.

Suddenly i felt two strong arms hold me up, and help me on the bed. I felt sparkles erupt everywhere he touched me, and I melted in his arms. Until they went off me as abruptly as they had come.

I looked up into his eyes, and saw the emotions I had hoped to never see in his eyes. Disgust. I felt tears rushing into my eyes, threatning to fall, but i just looked away, not wanting him to feel awkward. He was disgustd that he touched me, his mate.

Patricia walked in right then, and smiled brightly. "Look who's back. We missed you." she said pulling me into a motherly hug. I had started believing Patricia to be the mother I never had.

"Look at you, you look dead. Cmon, lets get you something to eat." she said, helping me back up and leading me to the kitchen.

She placed a large plate infront of me, and without even taking a glance at what it was I started gobbling down my food. I felt as if I hadnt eaten in years.

I heard a manly laugh towards the door and looked up to see Lucas standing there, laughing at me. I felt my cheeks heating up. He laughed harder. Patricia threw him a warning glance and his laughing subsided into a kind smile. "Felling better?" he asked walking towards the dinning table.

I nodded, looking down, unable to meet his eyes, even if he was no longer Alpha, he gave off vibes of authority and power just like one. He smiled at Patricia, and kissed her softly. I looked away, looking at them this way made me upset, because that was something I longed for, no, I craved for, something I knew I would never have.

"May I intrest my beautiful wife in a walk?" He asked her. Patricia looked down at me, with worry in her eyes.

I smiled. She was so considerate. "I'll be fine" I told her, still smiling.

She smiled back, and Lucas held her hand, and waved at me before leading her outside. I continued picking on my food until I had eaten every crumble on my plate. And I had two glasses of orange juice after. I felt like I had eaten more than an average wolf, and that made me slightly embarrased.

Satisfied, I got up to put my plate in the sink. My feet got wobbly. I took a few cautious steps, only to trip over my own foot. As if on que, two strong arms came around me for the second time today, and I looked up to meet the two deep, enchanting brown pools, the most beautiful eyes in the world. They had conflicting emotions, which made my heart heavy.

"She'll never be good enough for me" Those words kept playing again and again in my mind, and the look of disgust his eyes had held earlier flashed through. I tried shrugging off his hands, I wanted to get away from him this instant. I was on the verge of breaking down, and I dint want it to be infront of him. The last thing I wanted from him was his pity.

My actions took him by surprise and he let go of me. I took a few steps back,suddenly feeling nauseated. He came towards me as if to help but i just held my finger up, to stop him. Tears had already started slipping through, falling down my cheeks.

"Please.. I know you dont want to do this, your wolf.. it's making you. I know you dont want me, I know Im not good enough, I know you think im a whore, that it's my fault your life is the way it is right now. I know you hate me, and it's fine, because I know Tanya left beacuse of me. Im sorry, I dint mean to.. make her go.. But please.. dont do this when you dont want to.. it hurts me" I said, my voice a bare whisper. All the while I was looking at my feet, crying.

With that, I ran off towards the lifts, hastily punching in the floor my room was on. As soon as I reached my room, I closed the door and ran to my bed. I cried, and cried, letting it all out. Tomorrow was going to be another day. Another day I would have to spend, heartbroken and alone. But tomorrow, I would keep myself away from him, I would try living my life normally. Well atleast as normal as it could get with him around. I will not be weak over him tomorrow, I will learn to live with it. I had learnt how to live without him before, and I was going to try again. I looked up to the calender and realised it was the day Melanie was coming back.