Light x Reader: "Can I put lipstick on you?"

~ Your point of view ~

I giggled silently as I pulled the brush out of the tube. I just couldn't resist painting them. I applied the brush that was covered in red polish to the right pinky finger's nail.

He stirred as I did so, but fell immediately back into his slumber. I let the brush carefully glide over all of his right nails. Not a drop of paint touched his skin as I finished the thumb nail.

"What are you doing?" He asked sleepily, his eyes still closed and covered by his mop of brown hair.

"Nothing." I smirked as his eyes shot open.

"What is this?" He looked down at his hand, looking at carmine colored polish on nails.

"What?" I asked, fake pouting with my lower lip pushed out, "Do you not like it?"

"I just absolutely love it," He rolled his eyes and placed his left hand in front me, causing me to tilt my head to the side, "but you already did one hand, and it would look stupid if you didn't do the other."

I laughed and painted his other hand's nails as he shook his head. I put the polish's brush back into the bottle pulled out another one.

"What's that?" He asked, jerking his hands back.

"Don't do that, you could ruin them. And it's a clear coat." I pulled his hands back and covered the nails with the transparent liquid. He huffed and began blowing on them in an attempt to speed the drying process.

I put the polished back into my bag and pulled out a tube, "Can I put lipstick on you?" I asked him, holding up the matching red lipstick.

"No, you most certainly can not!" He got up and ran out of his bedroom.

I sighed, but knew I would get him to wear it somehow. I stuck the lipstick into my jacket pocket and went down the stairs. I reached the bottom and saw Sayu laughing at her older brother.

"How did persuade him to let you do that?" She asked and held up a hand in the air as I walked over.

"He was asleep." I laughed and high-fived the younger female.

"Nice!" She responded and look at her brother.

"We're still going to the carnival, right?" I asked the scowling boy.

"No." He responded.

"Liar, I know you already bought tickets." I rolled my eyes.

"Maybe I am going to give them to someone else." He huffed and tilted his head slightly upwards.

"Whatever you say." A tiny smirk growing on my face.

•~•~•~•~•

"Let's play 'Hoop Shoot'!" Light grabbed my left wrist and pointed to the basketball game. He dragged me over and I recognized Kazuo behind the counter.

"Hey (Y/n)! Hey Light! What can I do for you?" He smiled.

"Hi Kazuo, we'll take three basketballs." Light handed him the money and our classmate looked at Light's hands.

"I knew you had it in you, Light Imagay..." Kazou chuckled quietly while shaking his head and put the money in the jar.

"(Y/n) did it while I was sleeping." Light explained and I waved to Kazuo.

"Way to go, (Y/n)!" Kazuo grinned and handed Light a basketball.

As Light threw the first ball and missed, I pulled out the lipstick. I, for one, was not one to usually wear shades of red in general. Only sometimes, but this time Light said I can't put it on him. Light is going to wear it, he has to.

I looked in the reflection of the metal pole as I first outlined my lips then filled in the rest, making sure I layered it as I did so.

"Here's the second one." Kazuo handed him another basketball.

Miss.

"And the final one." Light took the last ball and rechecked his form. He jumped and sent the ball right into the hoop.

"Yes!" Light jumped punched the air.

"Good shot." I grinned as the cheap flashing green and purple lights went off.

"We have a winner!" Karuo smiled at gestured to wall of prizes.

"Pick one, (Y/n)." Light looked at me.

"That one." I pointed to the brown bear wearing a green flannel.

"Here you go," Kazou took it off the wall and handed it to Light, "have fun at the rest of the carnival!"

We both nodded our heads at teenage boy and walked over to a nearby cherry blossom tree.

"Although you can be pain sometimes," Light lifted up his empty hand to show his nails, "I still love you." He smiled and handed me the stuffed bear.

I hugged it and stood up on my toes to kiss him. I pulled away grinning, "And I love you."

"Want to go to the ferris wheel?" Light asked, not realizing what I've done.

"The ferris wheel they put together in three days with only nails and metal beams?" I pointed to the lit up wheel in the distance.

"Well... Yeah." He shrugged.

"If I die because the wheel comes flying off of the support posts," I poked his chest, "I'm blaming you."

"It's not like it's going to roll of into the city." He gestured downtown.

"You never know." I raised an eyebrow.

"Okay, if you die on this ride, which is a very big 'if', I will take all of the blame." Light chuckled.

"Fine, I'll be right back." I sighed, handing him the bear and went into the park's restroom. After washing off all of the lipstick, I opened the door and saw Light standing there.

"Ready?" He asked, his lips shining red from the streetlights.

"Yes." I laughed and took the bear out of his hands.

•~•~•~•~•

Light dropped me off at my house twenty minutes ago. I sat waiting for my phone to ring, which it did. I smirked and picked up my phone, "Hey, Light."

"I just got home and Sayu practically fell on the floor laughing at me, do you know why?" Light's voice emitted through the speaker on my phone.

"No, but can I put lipstick on you?" I giggled into the phone while hugging the bear.

***A/n - I feel like all of the ideas I have only work for Near, so the ideas I come up with for L and Light's are really freaking weird 😂

I regret nothing-I mean everything...