Chapter Fourteen

Catalina's POV

CONGRATS YOU SURVIVED A WEEK! Xoxo

I read the group chat for the girls an rolled my eyes. My car rolled to a stop at a red light on the outskirts of town. I'd gone for a drive needing my music and some time to myself. Twenty-two years old and my parents were still dictating my entire life. I needed out of that house and fast.

My new mission was to find a dirt cheap apartment just so I could get away... Oh and a job. Out of the corner of my eye a bar caught my attention. "Why not." I whispered to myself as I took a sharp turn and pulled into the parking lot.

It was loud and messy, but there was only one guy behind the bar. I straightened out my jacket and scarf and made my way over to the bartender.

He double glanced at me before fully looking up. "How can I help you?"

"I'm looking for work." I shouted above all the men talking.

"Well you're the classiest hooker I've ever met." He looked me up and down a few times. "I'm not a hooker, jackass. I'm looking to bust tables or work behind the bar."

If his eyes popped any farther out of his head they'd surely fall out. "Oh god I'm so sorry, it's just that every women that walks in here's a hooker. This bar doesn't attract the civilized lady's. No offense to the hookers or anything." He stumbled over his words while I stood unamused. My eyebrows raised once at him. "I can't hire you, little lady"

"Then give me your manager." My hands landed on the edge of the bar.

"I am the manager. You gotta go through the owner."

"And who may that be?" My patience was running thin.

His eyes darted around. "Jess, but I don't think I'd be smart to send you over to his place."

I rolled my eyes. "What's the address?" He shook his head at me. "Come on I can handle it, give me the address."

"Down the road take a left, all the way down that road and then a right, then all the way down that road. It's a club house."

He was joking. I pulled up to a gate with guards, two very large men who glanced at each other when they looked at me. The gate flung open when I told them who I was looking for and why. I tried to be polite and ring the doorbell, but a women answered who was wearing a thong. Her nipples were pierced and she eyed me like a piece of candy. "I'm here for Jess." 

"Aren't we all sweetheart." She licked her lips and held the door farther open. I took my steps inside and let her lead me to an office. She opened the door to another three women completely naked. A big burly man was sitting in the chair behind the desk. "She says she's here for you, baby." His brown eyes dashed to me, racking up and down my body.

"Aren't they all?" He snickered and ushered me forward. The closer I got it became clear that one of the women was under his desk showing him a good time.

"I'm here about the bar." I spoke out. He turned towards me with surprise. "I'd like a job there."

"You're hired, start tomorrow."

"Thank you." I turned towards the door and got ready to leave.

"That's it? You aren't here to join?"

"No I'll pass on this one." I turned my back and walked out after hearing a muffled moan. Numerous men hung around; watching tv and drinking beer. Besides the females in Jess's room there were none. The house was clean and surprisingly decorative. I walked down the impressive staircase to a living room which held the front door. My hand reached for the handle as it was turned and swung open. The edge of the wooden door hit the center of my nose sending me backwards to the floor. Thankfully my ass cushioned most of my fall and there was only a minor bump to my head, but it was enough for a headache.

"Jesus fuck." We spoke at the same time. "What the." My eyes locked with his crystal blues ones before I could look away. He grabbed me by my elbows and pulled me to my feet, my hands firmly gripping his black long sleeved shirt.

"What are you doing here?" His voice was gravelly and he had a week of scurf on his jaw and around his mouth. My breathing was uneven and embarrassingly loud as I looked up at him. Why couldn't I talk all of a sudden. My eyes darted around us and my body tried to shimmy away from his. I slipped free when he wasn't expecting it and booked it for the door. My car was a few feet away from me when I was engulfed by arms.

A hand was on the side of my head, pressing it against his chest. "Please tell me why you're here?" Robert's voice was soft into my hair.

"Why do you care." I seethed through gritted teeth.

"You were safe."

"Well, I was moved!"

He held me at arms length and looked me over. "How did you find the clubhouse? Why are you here?"

I huffed out a breath, a stray piece of my hair flying up. "I need a fucking job."

"No job that you could get in there is a job for you." His teeth clamped together as he spoke through them. I could smell his whiskey scented breath with a hint of chocolate. "You have no right." I came back. Who did he think he was talking to. "I have every right." His nose was inches from mine. The tips of my toes burned from leaning on them so I wasn't so towered. His hand snaked to the back of my neck while the other gripped my hip. "No women of mine will be working anywhere near whores or bastards." The grip on my neck was firm and held me close enough so his lips bridged mine when he spoke.

"I don't belong to you, Reaper." I swallowed the lump on my throat. "You belonged to me the second you walked into that fucking bar."