Chapter Thirteen

Catalina's POV

"How are you feeling today?" I sat on the leather couch in the same fucking boring room with the same God damn brick wall of a women. Stacy sat cross legged in front of me in her leather chair in her plan tan pencil skirt.

"I feel like I've felt for the past three months, like a living breathing target. Every time I step into that house it's like I can't fucking breathe." I rubbed at my knees, trying to release some of the anxiety that was built up inside of me.

I missed Robert...  A lot.

My lips were sealed about that thought. As far as Stacy knows Robert doesn't exist. My attack was random, just someone trying to rob the house. As far as she knows the attacker hasn't been caught either. That on the other hand would stay forever the same. The world would think the man was random and disappeared. Police weren't even able to figure out who the guy was, they don't know what he looks like or anything of the sorts. 

Robert and I hadn't spoke since the day he pulled out of my driveway. I had tried to call him one or twice, but after having them declined I gave up. He was off living his life and he made himself clear. He didn't want to be apart of mine. I still don't know if it was to protect me or to protect himself from having someone cling to him.

Whichever it was, I was tired of waiting around for him. I needed to get the fuck outta this town and the hell outta sweatpants. I missed my girls and how bold I was. The handgun that was sitting pretty in my purse surely helped a little with my confidence. I had went to the range, had learned the ins and outs of that. I was an armed and ready girl and my favorite were moving targets.

"Any better than previous days?" Stacy tried with me.

"Now that I'm armed a little. I still have the flashes and the panic attacks. My body will completely shut down on me and my mind will go blank."

"Your black outs." She nodded as her pen scribbled something down on the clipboard. "Ever think of moving?"

"Are you asking me to run from my problems?" My foot tapped against the hardwood. Cherry wood with boring walls and no decorations.

"No, I'm trying to help with your hysterical outbursts and it's been months. It seems that nothing we talk about works and even medication can't seem to settle your mind."

"We're done here." I rose from my seat, the leather squeaking underneath me. "I don't want to run from my problems," I eyes all her awards and degrees hanging on the wall framed. "I don't want to fucking have problems, but here I am. I don't know how to fix me. Frankly, I'm not sure I can be fixed or that I even want to be. I'm going out with my friends and I'm talking to people I don't know. My every day life has turned into doing exactly what you tell me to do and I'm fucking tired of it. I'm tired of it all. I'd try some color next time or maybe some paintings, your office is bland kind of like your personality."

The door shit gently behind me as I walked down the hall and out of the building. That women has fed me nothing but god damn bullshit for months now and my parents were paying way too much money for that. They were the ones that insisted I come to see her, insisted that I give her my ear for a few sessions. All she's done is make me livid.

My phone rang as I was pulling onto the main road. "Hello darling!" My mothers cheerful voice filled the car as I took a left turn.

"Hi mamma."

"I just got off the phone with your father, are you going to be home for supper?"  With a sigh I stopped before pulling onto the street that would lead to my home.

"I'm almost home. What's up?" Something was off in her tone of voice and I couldn't put my finger on it.

"Oh nothing darling you'll see when you pull in." I ended the call and took a few more turns, finally pulling into the driveway and parking the car. In front of me was a giant moving van.

"You've got to be fucking with me right now." My shoulders sagged as I walked to the front porch. "Did Stacy get to you too?" I asked my parents as I walked up to the front porch. "Why are you moving?"

"We darling, we're moving." My father corrected me.

"You can't just pick up my life and move me, I'm not a child anymore." I glanced around at the empty house.

"We have all your things and you haven't lived in your apartment for months; we sold it."

"Excuse me?" I huffed. "You can't just sell my things!"

It was a losing battle and I knew it. They told me we were moving because my fathers mother was getting older and needed to be cared for. She had bought a mansion for all of us to move in together. The destination was unknown to me. I was ushered into my own car and told to follow. They had everything I owned packed away in their van.

I'd strangle the both of them right now if it was an option, but that wouldn't go over well. After numerous gas stops and miles away from the girls, we pulled into a cute little diner to eat dinner. I slammed the driver door of my car and looked towards my parents. The wind ripped around us bringing specks of snow with it. The large line trees made it darker than it actually was outside. 

"Rosie, I don't wanna fucking move." I hissed into my phone.

"Oh hush honey, maybe you'll meet someone. The girls and I will come in a week to see you. If the house is nice enough well all move in." She giggled on the other end.

"I've never seen so many motorcycles or tucks." I looked towards the line of Harley's parked in a row.

"Well that seems to be what you're into nowadays." 

"Shut up, I gotta go I'll talk to you later." I hung up the phone and shoved it in my back pocket.

Welcome to RedRose

Welcome my ass, I huffed at the sign. I thought my days wouldn't get any worse.