Part 14

Aleana opened the linens closet and grabbed a blanket. She was going to need something to sleep in so she went upstairs to grab her pajamas.

Sergio opened the door. "Hey, do you want something to eat? I'm going to make a sandwich."

"No thanks." Aleana said not looking at him, grabbing her clothes and leaving the bedroom.

"Where are you going?" Sergio asked confused.

"Downstairs." She said from the bottom of the stairs and Sergio rolled his eyes.

"I can see that. I mean why?" "I'm sleeping down here, in Miriam's room."

"Again, why?" Sergio asked this time more confused.

Aleana shrugged and headed towards Miriam's room. She knocked on the door and opened it, Miriam was turning around looking at Aleana with a questioning face.

"What's up?" Miriam asked.

"Can I sleep in here?"

"Sure, but why?"

"It's-it's a long story." Aleana said rubbing her eyes with the back of her palms. Miriam nodded.

"You two have been fighting a lot recently haven't you." Miriam said not looking at Aleana. They were almost like sisters so sleeping in the same bed was nothing to them.

"We've- it's I don't-" Aleana tried to explain what had been happening with Sergio and her. "It's complicated."

"Must be a whole new level of awkward being mad at each other but living in the same apartment." Miriam said and Aleana could hear the light chuckle that came out of her mouth when she said that.

"Tell me about it." She replied, falling asleep almost immediately.

~•~

"Your bed is so uncomfortable." Aleana groaned rubbing the back of her neck.

"It's way more comfortable when there's only one person sleeping on it." Miriam replied rolling her eyes at Aleana. Miriam got up and headed towards the door, turning around.

"Aren't you coming for breakfast?" She asked with her eyebrows furrowed.

"I'm actually going to change and head back home as soon as possible." Aleana replied with a smile, grabbing her clothes and going into the bathroom to change. She didn't even care that she wasn't going to take a shower, she needed to be away from Sergio after what had happened the night before.

"9:30." Aleana whispered, Sergio was most definitely asleep. Alemana went to open the door to Miriam's bedroom only to see Sergio standing on the other side. "Christ Sergio! You scared me half to death."

"Where are you going? Why didn't you come up last night? Why'd you sleep in here?" Sergio bombarded with questions.

"I'm leaving, to the apartment." Aleana said grabbing her purse from the bed and exiting the room, not wanting to answer his questions.

"I'm coming with you." Sergio said. "Let me just get my shoes. Please, wait for me, don't leave."

Aleana slowly nodded and sat back down on the bed. 'He's gonna want to talk, about everything.' Aleana thought.

Before she knew it, they had said goodbye to Sergio's parents and left his childhood home. Heading down the road in silence.

"Do you mind if I put some music on?" Aleana asked looking over at Sergio who was driving.

"What is this? Carpool Karaoke? You've never asked me if I would mind to put music on." Sergio replied with a smile.

"Okay." Aleana said quietly turning the radio on. Looking down at her phone, Aleana started messing around with it. Looking at pictures on Instagram, scrolling through articles in Buzzfeed. Anything to make her look busy just so she wouldn't talk to Sergio.

"Are you-are you okay? You seem fidgety, since yesterday. Why didn't you sleep upstairs?" Sergio asked, briefly looking at her but she just shrugged.

"We're going to have to talk about everything, sooner or later. We can't just be awkward around each other." Sergio said with a sigh as he turned the corner to their apartment building parking garage.

"I know we can't it's just. I don't even know what to talk about." Aleana lied, sinking down into her seat in Sergio's Audi. He parked the car and turned to say something to Aleana but she was already getting off of the car and closing the door. They silently took the elevator up to their home. Both of them sighing as they opened the door and went inside.

"I'm going to head to my room. Gotta take a shower." Aleana said Quietly but Sergio shook his head.

"No. Just, talk to me. Tell me something, you can't just leave me hanging. What you-what you said yesterday, was that true?" Sergio asked standing in front of Aleana, towering over her.

"It was just, a stupid thing to say." Aleana rolled her eyes.

"That wasn't the question."

"I don't- I don't know. I just-ugh I don't know how to explain what I felt!" Aleana replied.

"Well try, because if it were for you we wouldn't talk anymore. And I care about this friendship too much to lose you again. And also-" Sergio was cut off as Aleana took both his cheeks in her hands and pulled him down towards her. Putting their lips together.

"I felt like shit. Okay? Because that very day I was talking to Gareth and realized that I may like you more than a friend. It's possible that I could see myself in a relationship with you. And that scares the crap out of me because: 1) I have a shitty record with relationships and 2) You're my best friend Sergio, I don't want to lose you again either. I missed you so much when you were gone. I can't go through that again."

"I can see myself in a relationship with you too." Sergio said with a smile, kissing Aleana again. "And who cares about the other things, Right now I only care about you and me. Us, and kissing you and trying things out with you because I've wanted that for so long."

"Sergio-I don't know, I jus-I just don't want to risk our friendship. We've been friends all our lives!" Aleana said.

"We've dated before! And we're still friends!" Sergio argued.

"Sergio, we dated for a couple months when we were teenagers!" Aleana said rolling her eyes, walking in a circle.

"Look, one date. One date is all I'm asking for. I'll prove it to you that we could make this happen." Sergio said with a smile, taking Aleana's hand.

"Fine, one date. You've got one single date to woo me Ramos." Aleana said with a smile.

"Oh, trust me. I'll woo you." Sergio said leaning down and kissing Aleana once more. "See you tonight."

"Yeah, I'll, we'll-yeah." Aleana said breathless after separating from Sergio. "I'm going to, shower."

"I've got a date to plan, see you later." Sergio said entering his bedroom. 'This is your chance Sergio. You've got to take her on the best date ever.' He thought to himself, already planning some things for that night.

A/N: sorry for the late update :(( I hope you guys like the sort of cliffhanger! Could we get this chapter to 3 comments??? Comment and vote!!!