Now a Ninja!

"Naruto..!!!!" Iruka-sensei shouts from somewhere behind me.

"Sensei! Sensei! Look what I can do!" I shout, waving.

"What are you doing?!"

"We're trying to pass. Naruto said that Mizuki-sensei said that we just have to learn the jutsu in the scroll, but we only learned one..."

"Mizuki..?"

"Yup! Right Mizuki-sensei?" I turn to the branch Mizuki is on.

"Sharp kid. You knew from the beginning."

--(flashback)--
(Graduation exam)

I walk into the room by Iruka-sensei and he sits down behind the table. I glance at Mizuki for a moment and smile at him.

"Alright. You can begin whenever you're ready." Iruka-sensei says.

I rub the back of my neck and laugh nervously.

"I don't know this jutsu..." I state.

"Oh..." He says. "You don't have to take it today. Wait until next year?"

"No." I say, shaking my head.

"Could you show me..?" I ask.

He nods and stands up to help. When I almost had it, Mizuki stands and walks to the door.

"Sorry, guys. I have to go... Get the list for the teams." He says as he slips out.

"Good luck!" I shout sarcastically.

He gives me a glance before disappearing.

--(flashback end)--

"Of course!" What kind of a Naruto fan would I be if I didn't?

"I suppose that means you already know what he is?"

"Mizuki!" Iruka-sensei shouts.

"What? He has a right to know what he did. What he is."

I don't know what to do! If I do anything, I could ruin the plot! Should I? Or shouldn't I? I don't know..! Gasp! Maybe I've already ruined it..!

Mizuki throws kunai at Naruto, but Iruka-sensei pushes him out of the way.

What should I do?! I'm panicking!!

Think! Think!!

Right! I can stick by Naruto!

Mizuki throws the giant shuriken and Iruka-sensei blocks it.

After more talking, Naruto gets up and runs. I follow.

He stops under a tree after a while.

Then Iruka-sensei and Mizuki start talking about him and I jump down in front of him. I stay quiet so that he can hear them and signal for him to do the same.

After we listen to their conversation for a bit, Naruto starts crying.

I crouch down and hug him-- and the scroll-- firmly and let him cry on my shoulder.

Mizuki grabs his other giant shuriken and starts spinning it.

I stand up and drag Naruto with me.

"Now let's go teach him not to mess with our sensei." I say. He gets a determined look and we both run forward. Naruto head-buts Mizuki and I stand protecting Iruka-sensei.

Naruto does his intro and I can't help but think he looks so cool. Just like in the anime, but cooler. (Okay, I'm in the anime, but you get what I mean.)

Naruto makes his shadow clones and beats up Mizuki. I go over and nudge Mizuki with my toe when I notice I'm wearing my sneakers. Weird. I then turn to Naruto and Iruka-sensei to see Iruka tying his headband on Naruto.

Naruto opens his eyes and Iruka-sensei congratulates him. Naruto tackles Iruka in a hug and I am currently forgotten. Anime tears pour down my face. Why am I always forgotten..? Even in the real world...

They walk away, and I trail behind them, not wanting to get lost.

----

Once we get back, Iruka takes Naruto to get some ramen. Afterwards, he goes to the hospital to treat his wounds.

I take this opportunity to talk to Naruto.

"Congratulations on becoming a ninja, Naruto. One step closer to your dream, eh?"

He looks at me, startled.

"When'd you get here?" He asks. I sigh sadly.

"I've been here the entire time..." I mumble angrily, then sigh again.

He looks shocked.

It's okay. It's ok.

I smirk. "Don't tell me you've already forgotten?"

He quickly shakes his head then looks down and slowly nods. "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to..!!" He shouts, face full of regret.

"No worries, Naru. I'll just have to try again next year. I'll be fine." I say.

"No!! You have to be there!! C'mon!!" He grabs my wrist and runs to the hospital shouting for Iruka. When we make it there, Iruka is laying in the bed, obviously dozing.

"Sensei! You have to pass Tohru!!" Naruto practically screams.

Iruka jumps up, now alert. He looks to us and sighs. "I can't. He got an even lower score than you, Naruto." He says. I called it.

"But he was there, too!!" Naruto shouts in response.

Iruka looks at me in surprise. "You were..?" He asks. I go into my emo corner, depressed. Am I really so easily forgotten?!??

"In that case, let me see what you can do." He says after a while.

I get up and nod. Then do the hand signs. The small room fills up with smoke and when it clears, there are at least a dozen of me.

"Alright. You pass." He says then mumbles something like, "now I need to go tell the hokage. Again."

"I'll give you your headband tomorrow. Now go get some sleep." He tells us. I nod. "Thank you, sensei."

----

The next morning I am shaken awake. Again. "Neeeaaagghh..." I groan, sitting up. I was having such a wonderful dream... there were pandas everywhere and Gaara was there...

"Who's Gaara?" Naruto asks.

I could feel my eyes sparkling.

"Gaara is the most amazing person ever!!" I squeal. And you'll never guess what happens next. All-out fangirling. I couldn't be stopped. When it's about Gaara, I can top even Sakura's fangirling. There was squealing, and blushing, and all that stuff. And hugging my panda. I found it in a shop when I was wandering the village at some point.