Green keys

I stepped out into the living room and inspected it closely for the first time. Everything was plush and luxurious, but empty. It lacked emotion. The pillows were straight, the table unmoved, the grey curtains tied and symmetrical. The only movement was the churning green sea outside. I walked hesitantly up to it. The view was magnificent. I put my palms flat against the cool glass and looked downwards. There were sharp, jagged rocks at the bottom, and a cliff lining the sea. There was no sand, just the sea crashing against the rocks and the cliff. How beautiful. And brutal.

I broke out of my thoughts and remembered my mission. Clothes. And finding the way out of this place. I turned and looked around the rest of the room. There was a curved wooden sliding door which lead into what was presumably the kitchen, seeing as there was a cutout in the wall where you could see the fridge and an island counter. Another door was next to it, and another one on the very left of the room. I decided the one next to the kitchen door was up first to be looked through, and quickly walked up to it and opened it. Bingo. Carpeted stairs led down to a hallway. On the left was a wall of glass, through which U could see an indoor gym. At the far end of the hall was a glass door leading outside. I padded softly down the hall and outside. The sir was clean and fresh, smelling of pine trees and the ocean. The day was grey and misty, enveloping me in its grasp. I felt a small drop of rain fall onto the tip of my nose. Cute, I smiled. The fog was preventing me from seeing too far around me, but I could see the shadows of tall trees and a driveway leading upwards and out somewhere. I spun and looked at the outline of the house I had just come from. It was modern and sleek looking, with red brick and metal and dark wood. I could hear the sea clearly, the crashing of waves coming from behind the house.

Right, clothes. Seeing as I was in the middle of nowhere and had not the vaguest idea where about this place was, I would need a car. God, stealing a car from the Joker himself. He would be mad. Who was I kidding, he would be furious. But whatever. I smirked. Mr J would have to learn to share.

I walked across the front of the house to what seemed to be the garage. It was closed, and I frowned. There was no handle on it, it seemed to be electronically operated. Damn. I remembered a door in the gym room. Maybe it led into there? I darted back the way I came from, then went through the gym and through the door in the gym. Sure enough it led into the garage. My eyebrows shot up as I saw the three cars there, one a glistening maroon, one a deep blue, and one a bright green. I smiled at the likeness of the colour to the Jokers hair, which I was in love with. I shivered as I thought of the look of the strands of his hair on my cheek, and his eyes staring deeply into mine when we were in the vat. I vaguely knew where the keys were; I could remember snapshots of when I got here, and he had hung up the keys on a hook on the side of the wall. There was a maroon, blue and green key. I assumed that they were colour coded and picked the green keys off the metal hook.

"Stop." I froze, hand in mid air with the keys clutched in a fist. Then I spun around. There he was, head to one side, green hair slicked back.

"What, are ya gonna stop me?" I asked, fake confidence shining through.

"No, I'm going to save you." He burst out laughing. "Do you really think I'm that stupid..that I...that I..." He stopped laughing and smiled. "I would colour code the keys to the car?" I stopped, looked at the keys in my hand. "If you put them into the car, my dear girl, it would blow up." I sighed. "And why, might I ask, are you grabbing my car keys? Huh? Stealing my car?" All that laughter was gone as he marched towards me, his hands shaking with anger. What a change.

"Don't jump to conclusions, J. I was just getting you a present. Wouldn't you like a present? I thought it would be just perfect seeing as you looked after me for all this time." I looked at him and smiled at his glowering face. I grabbed the maroon keys. "These ones right?" I asked sweetly.

"Blue ones."

I pouted and grabbed the blue ones. "If I blow up, you're gonna be in big trouble."

"No I wouldn't, because you'd be dead." He laughed again crazily, smiling showing his glistening metal teeth. "Go ahead, see if I want you dead or not." He bowed and showed me to the car, before walking back to the garage door. I clenched my teeth and inserted the keys. Then turned. There was a huge roar, but I wasn't dead. The car had started. I breathed out, turned and smiled sweetly through the window. The joker pressed a button on the wall and the garage door glided up.

I blew a kiss. "Byeee, Mr Jaaaaaaaay" I stepped on the accelerator and it lurched forward, sending me speeding off into the grey mist, pink and blue tinged hair flying out behind me.

____________

The Joker watched her speed off and disappear before turning and walking back inside. He drew out his cellphone from his pocket and dialed a number.

"Frost, follow her." He hung up and sat down, hand dragging down his bottom lip.

-------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Remember to vote, comment and share if you did!

Love, L