48. Wedding Part II

Start from the beginning

He drags his hand through his hair. "I didn't think about that." He looks at Gisele. "I like her a lot. Please, tell me you have enough food."

Gisele pulls her arm out of his. "I think I should go. I didn't know I would cause any problems coming here."

Cristina walks over and she looks at her co-worker. "Gisele?"

Gisele waves at her. "Hey,"

Cristina slaps our brother. "What happened to your rule about not dating each other's friends?"

Johnny looks at Ethan and I. He shrugs. "That went out the window the moment those two hooked up when we were in University and again when Lake became a Foster Mum to his kids. I knew they would fall for each other. I didn't have it in me to keep them away from each other any longer." He looks at the twins.

Ethan wraps his arm around. "I would have found a way to get to you even if I didn't have girls, but having them is an extra bonus. I love all my girls."

He is so sweet.

"We love you too." I kiss his cheek. I pull him away from my siblings and we get photos taken with the rest of the guests.

***

The limo pulls in front of The Archer Hotel at 5:30pm. Gracie, Sophie, Violet, Cristina, Johnny, Jackson, Ethan and I step out of the limo.

We make our way to the ballroom as we get closer to the room the door opens. Violet and Jackson are the first to walk through the door. Followed by Cristina and Johnny.

Sophie and Gracie hold our hands and we enter the room. We make our way over to the bridal table. I sit Gracie next to me and Sophia sits next to Ethan.

On the table is a sign with Mr and Mrs Miller. The tables are decorated in lilac and blue and there's a few balloon around the room with 'congratulations' on it.

A waitress walks into the room and she's carrying three plates. She heads over to my table and puts food in front of Ethan, Cristina and I. She looks at me. "The children's meals will be out shortly."

I smile. "Thank you."

She walks back to the kitchen.

A guy walks through the door with sandwiches. He places it in front of the twins. Another waiter enters the room with the remaining kid's meals and he places the food in front of them.

***

After dinner Johnny walks over to the stage and he picks up the microphone. He taps it a couple of times. "Can you hear me?"

"Yes," Ethan yells.

Johnny gives him the thumbs up. "Good evening ladies and gentleman. For those who don't know me, my name is Johnny and I am the best man. This is actually the first time I have been required to make a speech. I hope it doesn't suck."

I laugh.

I'm looking forward to hearing what my big brother has to say.

Johnny looks around the room. "I have been a protective big brother to my little sister. I didn't want her to date my best friend, but that went out the window as you can see. I have plenty of stories to share with you about Laken and Ethan." He looks at me. "I was two years old when Mom and Dad brought you home from the hospital. I remember the first time I held you in my arms, Laken. As you grew up I wanted to protect you from all the boys." He looks at Ethan. "Including my best friend Ethan, but that didn't turn out well as you married him."

The crowd laughs.

Ethan takes my hand under the table and places it on his lap. He moves his seat closer to me and I lie my head on his shoulder.