47. Wedding Part I

The limo pulls in front of the house. I run up the stairs and get the twins backpack and a few other things that they need. I put the backpack over my shoulder and walk back downstairs.

Dad walks into the lounge room and he extends his arm to me and I put my arm around his. He leads me outside to the car.

Cristina is standing next to the front door. "I'll lock up the house." She locks the front door.

The limo driver opens the door us. He smiles. "Hello, I'm Stephen. Your driver for the day."

I look into the limo and I see the twins sitting in their seats with violet. "Do you have your flowers?"

 "Do you have your flowers?"

Wedding bouquet

Violet lifts up her bouquet. "I really like these. They are nice for fake flowers."

I smile. "At least you get to keep them for a long time. I didn't want to buy a bunch of flowers for them to die a couple days later." I climb into the limo and sit across from the twins.

Dad climbs in next and he sits next to me. He has bags under his eyes. He looks at me. "Are you ready to marry, Ethan?"

I nod.

Cristina climbs into the car and she laughs. "That's exactly what he asked me when we were on the way to mine." she puts her hand on Dad's arm. "I thought you would have come up with something new when it comes to watching another one of you your daughters getting married."

Dad laughs. "I was hoping that you would have forgotten about the use of that line. After all you were married six years ago."

Cristina smiles. "It's been the best six years of my life, Dad." She hugs him. "Thank you for being there my entire childhood."

Tears well up in Dad's eyes and he pulls Cristina and I against him. He kisses my head first and then Cristina's. "I'm going to miss you girls, when I'm gone. I was lucky enough to see you both grow into the beautiful woman you are now. I'm proud to be your father."

Tears fall down my face. "Please, don't tell me this goodbye? I don't want it to be. I love you, Daddy."

Dad places his hand on face. "It's not a 'goodbye.' I just want to say it before it's too late. Anything can happen now. I want to spend the next couple of days telling people that I love how much they mean to me. My girls are the ones I want to start with." He wipes the tears off my face.

***

The car comes to a stop in front of the church and the driver steps out of the car. He opens the door for us and we step out of the limo.

Sophie and Gracie hold my hand as we make our way up to the church. The doors open and I see Johnny walking down the hall. Sophie and Gracie let go of my hand and they run down the hall screaming. "Jo,"