47. Wedding Part I

Start from the beginning

Johnny picks them up and kisses their heads. "How are my two favourite princesses today?"

"Good," I hear them say as I make my way to the room.

Johnny walks over to me. He kisses my cheek. "You look beautiful, sis." He looks down the hall. "Ethan was worried that you weren't going to show up."

I pull out a piece of paper and write on it.

Ethan,
I'm here. I'll see you when I walk towards our future together.

Love

Laken xoxo

I place the paper in my brother's hand. "Don't look at that. It's for Ethan's eyes only." I push him.

Johnny puts the girls on the ground and walks down the hall.

I look at the girls. "You will see Uncle Johnny and Daddy soon. Right now it's going to be us girls." I take their hands and we enter the room."

Dad, Cristina and Violet enter the room.

My heart begins to race as I wait for someone to tell me that the ceremony is about to start.

Cristina looks at me. She sees my hands shaking and she places her hand on top of them. "You will be fine, Lake. Take a couple of deep breaths. If you get scared walking towards Ethan look at him. He will help you to get to the other side."

I take a deep breath. "Thanks, Sis. What would I do without you?"

She laughs. "You would survive."

Violet looks at me. "I hope there's some single guys here tonight. I need to get la..."

Dad cuts her off. "I don't want to hear my niece finish that sentence." He looks at me. "Please, tell me there's no single guys here."

"There's no single guys here." I quickly say.

Violet laughs. "I'll be getting lucky tonight." She elbows Dad's arms.

He shakes his head. "I'll have to call Eric and see what he has to say about his little girl doing that."

Violets face pales and she looks at Dad. "You wouldn't do that Uncle Vance."

Dad pulls his phone out of his pocket and he pulls a name up on the screen. He presses the phone to his ear. "Hello,"

Violet looks at him and shakes her head. "Please,"

"Sure, I'll get her for you." Dad gives me the phone.

I take the phone from him. "Hey, Uncle Eric."

"How are you sweetheart?"

"I'm good."

"I told your father to give me a call before you walk down the aisle I want to congratulate you on your wedding day. I can't wait to see the new addition to the family."

I smile. "I'm looking forward to introducing you to him. So, how come you couldn't make it?"

"I have a few problems at the office that needs to be solved. My son Dane ran the company completely to the ground after I gave it to him. I hope you won't do the same to your fathers."

I shake my head. "No, I would never do that to him. He built something great and it's going to continue being great. I'm going to put my blood, sweat and tears into it."

He laughs. "That's good to know. When you have time to travel to Arizona visit us."

"I will."

A girl knocks on the door and she looks at me. "They're waiting for you."