Clubbing

Okay. Okay okay okay.
I am so so so so sorry it's been probably like almost 3 months since I last updated.
I got a new job and I started year 13 and I've just been so busy that I lost track and before I knew it time had just flown by.

Anyways, I'm not going to make up tonnes of excused for myself. What I did do instead was try really hard eight his oneshot, so I hope you guys like it.

The same still stands by the way, if you have a request or suggestion or idea jus leave a comment or send me a direct message, I'd love to hear from all.

Zoe's POV

It was tonight.

In fourteen hours time, I will be inside a nightclub for the first time... Well, ever.

Since I was fourteen my anxiety obsessed mind had led me to believe there was no worse place in this world than a nightclub, but yet tonight I've agreed to risk everything to step inside one. And not only that, but to actually spend time inside one. To dance and laugh and do whatever else people do in nightclubs. (God I hope they're not really like what Geordie Shore makes them out to be!)

Why have I agreed to put myself through such an awful time you might ask? Well, I have two words for you.

Alfie.
Deyes.

The minute he asked me with those puppy dog browns if I would join him an his friends Holly and Chai for a night out in celebration of his hitting 5 million subscribers, I knew I was a sucker. He must have expected me to say no, because the look on his face when I answered "I'd love to" was enough to send me into fits of laughter, forcing me to then convince him I wasn't joking at all, I really did want to join them. After that he hasn't stopped beaming every time it's mentioned. He'll look at me with a gaze and a smile, and I'll get butterflies and heart flutters and try with all my might not to let the anxiety kick in and take over.

I'm quite excited really. I've always wanted to join Alfie on one of his nights out with his friends, the stories he tells me when he comes home always amuse me to no end, but, its just that word. Nightclub. It sort of screams at me with open jaws and evil eyes; its lure nothing but an anxiety filled black hole in my mind.

"No" I whispered to myself as I sat up in bed and furrowed my eyebrows together.

No. I wouldn't let my anxiety ruin this for me, in fact, I wasn't even going to think about it for the next 48 hours. I'm just going to enjoy myself and have fun with Alfie and his friends. He deserves that.

. . . . .

Eleven hours later and it was time to start getting ready. After getting home from a joint meeting with Alfie and having a quick snack we'd picked up whilst we were out from Wagamama's I jumped in the shower and got started. I let the warm water pour down on my body and imagined it was washing away the fear and the anxiety I had about tonight, and leaving me fresh and new, someone who had never feared anything in their life.

Just as I was rinsing the last of the conditioner out of my hair I heard the bathroom door open and Alfie appeared opposite me behind the glass shower door.

I wiped the glass clear from the inside where it had got steamed up and gave him a puzzled look, slightly surprised when he stripped off his clothes and got into the shower with me.

Neither of us said anything, we simply stared at one another, right into each others eyes, and then he brought his hands up to my arms and began to gently rub them up and down, washing them.

He understood. He knew exactly what was going on in the deepest parts of my mind. As I realised he was helping me to wash away the anxiety I let my head drop slightly and let out a small noise - half a sob of happiness, half a laugh of delight.