Another Day Gone By (Suggested)

A/N:

Thanks so much for all your suggestions! Keep then coming! And thank you SO much for 10,000+ reads, that's honestly incredible, you guys are awesome!

Alfie's POV

As I awoke I took in a deep breath and spread myself out, enjoying the feeling of my body elongating after being curled up all night long. I was alone; not a rare occurrence. Zoe was often awake, up and sometimes even dressed before I even opened my eyes most mornings.

This morning though, the fact that Zoe's side of the bed was empty was even more unsurprising than usual. Today was the day of Tanya's new product launch, and of course Zoe would have got herself up early enough to have at least 4 hours to get ready (even though she really doesn't need it).

Just as I was about to grab my vlogging camera and begin with the daily "GOOD MORNING GUYS" I heard a weird noise coming from the en suite of our bedroom. At first I thought maybe Zoe was having a shower, but when it sounded again I realised that was not what was happening at all. I lept up from the bed, practically running round the corner, swinging the door open and rushing into the bathroom. There on the floor next to the toilet, Zoe sat curled up in a tiny ball, her knees up and cuddled into her chest, her arms wrapped tightly around her legs, her head bowed into her knees. Her whole body was shaking. She'd been sick.

"Little One." I knelt beside her and took he into my arms, calming slightly when I heard her breathing wasn't too much quicker than normal. Zoe collapsed into my arms, burying her head in my shoulder, wrapping her arms around my chest.

"Are you okay?" I felt stupid for asking, of course she wasn't, but she didn't seem to be panicking.

"Yeah." She muttered back in a weak voice. "I haven't panicked, only slightly, but I was sick twice."

"Oh Zoe. Why didn't you wake me?" I sighed, stroking her hair out of her face.

"I thought you looked too peaceful" she shrugged. I tutted, knowing the real reason was that she was trying to be stronger, but it didn't need to be said out loud.

"I'm really proud of you for not panicking Zo, that's an amazing step, it's huge!" I beamed at her, kissing her forehead.

She smiled back as best as she could "I'm proud too." She agreed.

We sat there for a while, her body curled up into mine. It was nice to just be together, so close to one another, to just cuddle and enjoy the silence.

After a while though, I flushed the chain and got Zoe to brush her teeth while I cleared the bathroom a little.

When I returned to our bedroom Zoe was sat at the dressing table, her hairbrush in one hand and her foundation in the other.

"What are you doing?" I asked her, making her jump a little with my sudden voice.

"Getting ready." She said it as more of a question than an answer, looking at me weirdly as if she hadn't just thrown up minutes before.

"For what? We're staying home today." I replied simply.

"No we aren't, it's Tan's product launch today, I've told you about four times Alf, you need to start-"

"Oh I know Tan's product launch is today" I retorted, "but we aren't going."

"What? What are you on about, or course we are, we've had this on the calendar for ages."

"Yeah, an I was looking forward to it as much as you until you puked your guts up this morning. Now, we'll have to call Tan and apologise that we can't go"