Mumma's Boy (Suggested)

Zoe's POV:

"That tickles!" I giggled, making a weak effort at moving away from Alfie as he nibbled playfully on my ear.

"I'm just trying to whisper something to you" Alfie chuckled back, pulling me closer to him on the sun lounger and kissing my jaw gently.

We were lying in the garden on his family's home, the sun shining down on us, a delicate breeze keeping us cool. Amanda and Nick were preparing the food for the BBQ and we were waiting for Poppy and Sean to arrive.

I loved days like this with Alfie's family, people who I had come to think of as my own family. On days where we spent the day together just relaxing and eating and laughing, it makes me think how happy I am with the life I have, with Alfie.

"Alf" I manage in a breathy whisper as he begins to get carried away with his kisses, trailing them down my neck to the curve of my collar bone. "Alf, stop, think about where we are" I reminded him, smiling at his adorably bashful expression as he slowly shifted himself out of his trance.

"I can't help it" he shrugged, smiling at me as he lay across from me on the large sun lounger we were sharing. He leant towards me slightly and kissed my nose "you're just so beautiful I can't contain myself sometimes" he smirked.

I giggled and we sat up against the raised back of the lounger slightly, adjusting ourselves so we were sitting side by side, as close as we could get, our hands intertwined.

"I love this. Being here, with you." Alfie smiled over at me.

My heart fluttered a little bit, my stomach knotting slightly. I beamed back at the handsome young man next to me, squeezing his hand and leaving a gentle kiss on his smiling lips.

"Me too." I told him, kissing him again before leaning back against the back rest.

I shut my eyes for a second, allowing myself to soak up the sun, a small smile still on my lips. I could feel Alfie was still watching me, I could feel that he was staring even with my eyes closed, but I basked in the glorious moment I was in, the sun, the sounds, the smells and the feel of my man beside me.

"Ahhh" I shrieked, my silence shattered as Alfie suddenly dived at me, nibbling my ear, attacking my neck playfully, growling comically in my ear. "Alfie!" I laughed as I began to try to attack him right back, the both of us giggling and laughing and pretending to eat one another's necks. Our hands remained intertwined, our eyes met every now and then, each time clearly conveying the message "I love you".

"Oh, look at you two" Amanda cooed a minute or so later, stepping out into the garden with her hands to her smiling face.

As soon as her voice sounded through the garden, Alfie quickly leant back against the back rest and smiled shyly at his mum, avoiding eye contact with her and playing with my hands gently.

Under my breath I laughed slightly at this. It was always the way.

Alfie cleared his throat and glanced up at Amanda, continuing to play with my hand in his lap. "Hi mum" he muttered.

Amanda rushed over to our seat and grinned at me, stroking my cheek in a motherly way as I returned the gentle smile. "Oh. I'm so happy you're happy" she cooed again, stroking Alfie's shoulder and back with one hand, stroking my hair and shoulder with the other.

She leant towards us and placed a kiss on both of our cheeks, reaching over to give Alfie an extra kiss on his temple. "My baby boy, all grown up and in love" she sighed.

Alfie shifted awkwardly in his seat. "Mum", he muttered like an embaressed school kid.

"You're my boy!" Amanda defended herself, laughing slightly as she grabbed a box from the garden table and carrying it into the house.

Alfie huffed a bit and shifted around, waiting for Amanda to disappear back into the house, then he turned to me.

"Sorry about that" he smiled sheepishly. All of this reminded me of some of the first few dates we went on, the shy, embaressed Alfie who was bashful and sheepish and clumsy and stuttered on his words took me on those dates.

I smiled lovingly at Alfie, kissing him gently. "It's fine" I laughed softly. "You always act different when your mum's around" I teased him a little bit.

"No I don't!" Alfie tried to protest, laughing as he acted fake shocked.

I laughed again, stroking his hair back and letting my fingers get lost deep into his dark locks. "You do" I giggled, "but you can't help it.." I smiled "you're just a Momma's Boy."