Never In My Wildest Dreams

Zoë's POV

"Goooodnight" his cheeky face grinned into the camera as his large hand covered the lens, turning my laptop screen black.

I looked over at the clock on my bedside table; 11:43pm, I should have edited my new video ready for Sunday and got myself ready for bed by now like I'd told myself I would 3 hours ago, but instead I'd spent another Friday night curled up with my laptop watching hours upon hours of YouTube videos... I was catching up on all of my friends vlogs... Ok, I was only watching Alfie's YouTube videos.

Alfie Deyes. The baby faced boy who had consumed my thoughts non-stop since I met him 4 months ago at a YouTubers party. He is almost exactly 3 and a half years younger than me, has puppy dog brown eyes, a little black patch in his short brown hair and a smile that just melts my heart and makes my stomach do somersaults all at once. He's kinda cute... Ok, he's very cute, and since he and I switched numbers at the party (for video collab ideas only before you all get too excited) the two of us have been slowly getting to know each other through text, Skype and phone calls, and Alfie had very quickly become one of my dearest friends and one of the nicest people I know (and I think my absolutely necessary amount of vlog & video watching helped out too).

We'd met up a total of 5 times now (yep I counted; no judging please, as I said he's cute) but always in a big group of friends and fellow YouTubers. We had once escaped the guys and gone for a short walk together to talk and escape all of the 'you guys are really cute together' comments from our friends, but we haven't ever really spent one on one time together.

Thinking it was about time I get some sleep I switched off my laptop, changed into my PJs and removed my make up. Just as I was about to cross off today's date on the calendar I stopped in my tracks and came to a realisation, there on the next day of my calendar written in colourful bold letters was;

'BRIGHTON WITH ALFIE & MARCUS!'

Tomorrow! I was so caught up in watching Alfie's vlogs and preparing my footage for the weekend I'd completely forgotten I'd planned to travel down to Brighton tomorrow to meet up with Alfie and his best friend Marcus to hang out and maybe do some collaboration videos. Checking the time once more I threw my hair into a loose bun and jumped into bed. If I was seeing Alfie tomorrow I defiantly needed my beauty sleep.

The Next Morning (7:00 am)

I'd already burnt myself on the curlers and stubbed my toe on my bed stand twice this morning and it had only just turned 7; both my brother, Joe, and my dad were still snoring their heads off.

It was a cold day in the middle of autumn, so I'd chosen to wear my shiny black leggings with an oversized white jumper that hung nicely on my frame. I had opted for a slight smokey eye and a natural make up look today, and matched with loose curls in my hair, cute knee high black boots and a black handbag it made the perfect 'I'm cute but I'm not trying too hard' outfit for the day I had planned.

• • •

"We are now approaching Brighton. Please mind the gap as you exit the train." The woman's voice sounded from the speakers and I collected my things and moved towards the door as the train slowed to a stop. Besides my little fluster this morning I hadn't really been nervous about seeing Alfie again today, but as soon as the doors closed behind me and I began to weave my way through the station trying to find the boys, the butterflies in my stomach began to cook up a storm.

"Zoë? Zoë over here!" I heard Alfie calling from behind me after about 2 minutes of hunting. I turned around to be greeted with two huge smiles and a warm hug from both of the boys. I couldn't help but notice though that Alfie held on just that little bit longer, and him hand fell naturally to my hip as we hugged.