Cutie Patooties

A/N:
I'm back! And I only have one more exam until I can bulk write!

Thank you so much for being so patient and for still reading and voting and commenting while I've been on a break for school. You guys are amazing, seriously <3 <3

Music was playing, friends were talking, food was being eaten and people were laughing. The whole place just felt happy, and there were two people in particular who were glowing with happiness that particular evening.

Though they had been together officially for almost eight months, this was one of the first times Zoe and Alfie had been comfortable broadcasting their relationship in front of their friends, and it felt so nice to be able to be coupley without having to worry about people judging or questioning or teasing. They were a proper couple now, and it felt good.

They'd been taking advantage of that too, hardly spending a single second anywhere else but by one another's sides. Holding hands every chance they got. Sneaking kisses and hugs when they thought people weren't watching.

It was around 10pm when one of the rare moments had arisen where Zoe and Alfie were apart, him talking to Oli on one side of the room and her laughing with Tanya and Joe on the other side.

Zoe was joking with Joe about an early childhood memory, much to Tanya's amusement, when she suddenly felt a body appear behind her.

"Come with me please" Alfie whispered as he walked into the kitchen.

Zoe's face turned into a slight scowl, but she excused herself and followed Alfie anyways out of intrigue of what was so important.

"What?" Zoe frowned once Alfie had stopped and turned to face her, right in the centre of the kitchen.

Alfie shrugged and took Zoe's hand, pulling her into him as she wrapped her arms around his neck loosely. With a cheeky smile, Alfie moved his hands to Zoe's bum as he smirked "Just didn't think your brother would want to see this."

Zoe smile as she caught on right before Alfie's lips crashed into hers, gently pulling, sexily biting, and lovingly kissing. It must have been 6 or 7 minutes before a loud eruption of laughter from the living room made the couple realise where they were and pull away, swollen lips, flushed cheeks and laboured breaths an obvious clue as to why they'd been gone so long. But they didn't care. There were no cameras. There was no one who would judge them. They were happy, and they were in love, so they took one another's hands and they went back to their friends, giggling at all of the knowing looks they were met with.

• • •

It was coming up 11:30pm and the hype of everyone being together was slowly starting to die down. Marcus and Joe had left to head back to London, Louis had just packed up to head to a party and Casper and Oli had left around 20 minutes ago.
Now, all that was left in Alfie's parents living room was Tanya, Jim, Zoe and Alfie.

They hadn't really got together for a special occasion. It wasn't a birthday, or an anniversary, and it was no where near Christmas or New Year. It was simply some close friends hanging out and catching up despite their busy lifestyles, and that's what made it so nice.

Tanya and Jim were planning on leaving too, but Tanya and Zoe had got caught up in a conversation and Jim knew it was going to take a while, so he sat himself back down and Alfie grabbed himself and his friend another drink.

"How long do you think a conversation about mascara wands can go on for, max?" Alfie smirked, glancing at Jim and then taking a swig of his drink. He was starting to feel his eyelids become heavier as the excitement of the night had caught up with him.

Jim chuckled quietly and shook his head. "Long enough that we will finish these drink when they're about half way done" he smiled back at Alfie, knowing exactly how he felt right in that moment.

45 minutes later, the drinks had been finished and Alfie had moved onto the other sofa. Tanya had taken her place next to Jim and Alfie was stretched out trying hard not to let his eyes close on him. Zoe perched herself on the end of the sofa Alfie was sleeping on, smiling down at him and rubbing his back gently, slightly distracted from the muttering of Jim and Tanya's voices for just a few moments as she watched the man she loved.

She felt so many things for him, sometimes it was hard to put it all down in words.
Love. Admiration. Happiness. Trust. Dependency. Freedom. Brave. Encouraged. Committed. Openness. Vulnerability. Attraction. Dizziness. Grateful. Excited. Honoured. Blessed. But love. Love was what she felt the most. Zoe loved Alfie with all of her heart.

Overwhelmed by a need to be close to him, Zoe slid her body down and lied next to Alfie, taking his arms from behind her back and wrapping them around herself.

Alfie smiled a little in his sleepy state, further wrapping his arms around his girlfriend and cuddling her in close to him, taking in her sweet scent. He wrapped one of his strong arms around Zoe's waist and up across her chest, and the other arm slipped under Zoe's torso, his hand finding its way to her thighs where he slipped it between, making Zoe shod a little and then smile at how safe she felt right then.

"Ooohhhh!" Zoe heard a squeal, looking up just in time to catch Tanya taking a picture on her phone of the two intertwined lovers. Zoe smiled softly at Tanya and Jim, whispering her good byes and cooing at Alfie's adorable attempt to say goodbye with his eyes closed and his body half asleep.

The older couple saw themselves out, leaving the younger couple to snuggle for a little while longer.

It took some coaxing but Zoe eventually convinced Alfie to remove himself from the couch to head up to bed with her, deciding it would be a better idea to leave the clear up until the morning.

After removing her make up and changing into her PJs, Zoe lent over to her bed side table and checked her phone, yawning silently. A few emails, some Twitter DMs and a new message from Tanya Burr. Zoe immediately tapped her message icon, worrying her friends had had trouble getting home, to be greeted with the most heartwarming sight. Tanya had sent Zoe the picture from earlier in the night, adding a little 'cutie-patioties' comment, which rose a smile to Zoe's tired face.

Zoe saved the photo and thanked Tanya for the photo and the lovely night, and then she put her phone back on the bed side table.

"Alf" Zoe whispered into the darkness of the room.

Alfie shifted slightly, pulling Zoe into his body and snuggling her into him, kissing her forehead a few times and keeping his eyes securely closed.

Zoe sighed with content, cuddling into Alfie's chest and wearing a soft smile on her lips. She kissed his chest and let her eyes drift shut.

'I love you."

"I love you too."