Chapter 16: I'm Tired

Start from the beginning

Harry

No new messages

"Still no reply from Emma?" Niall asked me while he prepared his sandwich. I sat across from him on one of the marble counters in my kitchen.

"No," I sighed. "I can't get rid of this feeling that something is completely wrong."

"What feels wrong?" Natalie asked as she appeared in the kitchen.

"Emma hasn't texted me back and it feels off," I explained, running a hand down my face.

"Don't worry about it, Harry. Emma won't be talking to anybody today," Natalie replied, sitting in one of the kitchen chairs that was sat around the table I had on the other side of the counters. "Hey babe, could you make me a cup of tea, please?"

"Sure thing, love," Niall smiled lovingly at Natalie.

He stopped in the middle of making his sandwich in order to grab my kettle from the cupboard. I sat there with my mouth gaping open. I turned my gaze to Natalie, who was already looking at me, an innocent look upon her face.

"What?" she asked.

"What kind of magical powers do you possess?" I asked her in answer to her question.

"What are you going on about, Harry?" Niall asked me.

"You're whipped, mate," I chuckled. "That's what I'm going on about."

"I don't know what you're talking about," he said indignantly.

"Oh yes you do, because we all know that you've never before in your life stopped in the middle of making a sandwich to fix someone tea," I smirked at him.

He just shrugged his shoulders and walked over to Natalie. "That's cos Natalie isn't just anyone," he spoke adoringly, cupping her face in his hands and placing a gentle kiss on her lips.

"Whipped," I coughed, smiling at the cute couple.

"It's not a bad thing," he stated, still gently holding her face in his hands as he stared into her eyes.

"Never said it was."

"Hey, Harry," Natalie said softly.

"Yeah, Nat?"

"Would you want to go check on Emma for me?" she asked as she glanced over at me for a split second.

"I thought you said she was fine," I stated, my eyebrows pulling together in confusion.

"Well, I'm not entirely sure if she is or not. She wouldn't let me into her room this morning."

"What makes you think she'll let me in?"

"I don't know, I'm just hoping that you'll have a better chance than Anna or I would."

"So what happens if she doesn't want to talk to me?"

"You have two choices; walk away or pester her until she gives in."

"I have to annoy her until she is angry to get her to talk to me?" I asked.

"Pretty much," Natalie replied.

"That sounds like Emma. Alright, I will go and talk to her for you," I said, hopping down off of the counter.

"Thank you, Harry," Natalie smiled.

"It's no problem," I said, beginning to walk away but I quickly stopped and looked back at the couple. "No having sex in my flat while I am gone, or ever for that matter," I said, pointing a finger at them knowingly.