welsh male names

AERON: Welsh unisex form of Celtic Agrona, the name a goddess of war and death who was portrayed as a masculine figure in Welsh mythology, meaning "carnage, slaughter."

AFON: Modern Welsh unisex name meaning "river." Compare with another form of Afon.

ALED: Welsh name meaning "offspring."

ALUN: Welsh form of Celtic Alan, possibly meaning "little rock."

ANARAWD: Unisex form of Welsh Angharad, meaning "undisgraced, free of shame."

ANDRAS: Welsh form of Greek Andreas, meaning "man; warrior."

ANEIRIN: Late variant spelling of Welsh Neirin, possibly derived from a word related to Irish Gaelic nár, meaning "modest, noble."

ANEURIN: Variant spelling of Welsh Aneirin, meaning "modest, noble."

ARAWN: Welsh myth name of the Lord of Annwn ("un-world; under-world"), possibly meaning "unrestrained wildness."

ARTHFAEL: Welsh form of Old Breton Arthmael, meaning "bear chief" or "warrior prince."

ARVEL: Welsh name meaning "wept over."

ARWEL: Welsh name meaning "prominent."

AWSTIN: Welsh form of Latin Augustinus, meaning "venerable."

BEDWYR: Welsh name, possibly derived from proto-Celtic *bod(o)-wid-r, meaning "grave-knower," inferring that he was "the one who knows (Arthur's) grave." In Arthurian legend, this is the name of aKnight of the Round Table who returned Excalibur to the Lady of the Lake after King Arthur's death. Described as being one-handed, he was still an excellent warrior. In Welsh, his full name was Bedwyr Bedrydant, meaning "Bedivere of the Perfect Sinews."

BEL: Welsh myth name of an ancestor deity, meaning "shining." The name was derived from the same root (bel) as Celtic Belenus, but Bel's character and attributes are said to be much different.

BELI: Variant spelling of Welsh Bel, meaning "shining."

BERWYN: Welsh name composed of the Celtic elements bàrr "head, top," and (g)wyn "fair, white," hence "fair-headed."

BRAITH: Welsh unisex name derived from the word brith, meaning "diversely-colored," especially black and white or red and white.

BRAN: Welsh name meaning "crow" or "raven." In mythology, this is the name of a giant king of Britain known as Bran the Blessed, who was killed attacking Ireland. Compare with other forms of Bran.

BRENIN: Welsh form of Celtic Brennus, meaning "king."

BRENIN LLWYD: Welsh myth name of a being believed to inhabit the mountains of Snowdonia, composed of the names Brenin "king" and Llwyd "gray-haired," hence "grey-haired king."

BRIN: Variant spelling of Welsh unisex Bryn, meaning "hill."

BRODERICK: Welsh surname transferred to forename use, from an Anglicized form of the personal name Rhydderch, meaning "reddish-brown."

BRYCHAN: Welsh myth name of the father of Eleri, derived from the word brych, meaning "pied, spotted, speckled."

BRYN: Welsh unisex name meaning "hill."

BRYNMOR: Welsh name meaning "great hill."BRYNN: Variant spelling of Welsh unisex Bryn, meaning "hill."

CADELL: Old Irish and Welsh name composed of cad "battle" and the diminutive suffix -ell, hence "little battle."