german male names

TILL: Short form of German Tillo, a pet form of names beginning with Diet-, meaning "people, race."

TILLO: From Low German Tielo, a pet form of names beginning with Diet-, meaning "people, race."

TIWAZ: Old German name connected to Latin Deus, a form of Greek Zeus, all meaning "god."

TJARK: Frisian name derived from Low German Diederick, meaning "first of the people; king of nations."

TÖNJES: Frisian pet form of German Anton, possibly meaning "invaluable."

TRAUGOTT: German name composed of the elements trau "trust" and Gott "God," hence "trust God."

UDO: German form of Old Norman French Eudo, meaning "child." Compare with another form of Udo.

*ULBRECHT: German name composed of the elements wulf "wolf" and beraht "bright," hence "bright wolf."

*ULFRIC: Norman Germanic equivalent of Anglo-Saxon Wulfric, meaning "wolf power."

ULRICH: Old High German name, derived from the word uodalrich, composed of the elements uodal"prosperity" and ric "power, rule," hence "prosperity and power."

URS: German form of Roman Latin Ursus, meaning "bear."

UTZ: Pet form of German Ulrich, meaning "prosperity and power." Compare with another form of Utz.

UWE: German form of Scandinavian Ove, meaning "little edge."

VALENTIN: German form of Latin Valentinus, meaning "healthy, strong." Compare with other forms ofValentin.

VELTEN: German form of Latin Valentinus, meaning "healthy, strong."

VERGIL: German name derived from Latin Vergilius, possibly meaning "flourishing." Compare with another form of Vergil.

VINZENZ: German form of Latin Vincentius, meaning "conquering."

VOLKER: German name composed of the elements folk "people" and heri "army," hence "people's army."

WALAHFRIED: Medieval German name composed of the elements walah "foreigner, stranger" and fried"peace," hence "foreign-peace."

WALDEMAR: German form of Slavic Vladimir, meaning "peaceful ruler."

WALDHAR: Variant spelling of German Waldheri, meaning "ruler of the army."

WALDHERI: Variant spelling of Old High German Walthari, meaning "ruler of the army."

WALDO: Pet form of German Waldobert "bright ruler," and other names containing the element wald, meaning "to rule, to wield power."

WALDOBERT: Medieval German name composed of the elements wald "to rule, to wield power" andbert "bright," hence "bright ruler."

WALTHARI: Old High German name composed of the elements waltan "to rule, to wield power " andhari "army, host," hence "ruler of the army."

WALTHER: Variant spelling of Old High German Walthere, meaning "ruler of the army." In use by the Romani.

WALTHERE: Variant spelling of Old High German Walthari, meaning "ruler of the army."

WARIN: Old High German name derived from the word wari(n), meaning "cover, shelter," from warnôn"to be careful, watchful."

WARINOT: Pet form of Old High German Warin, from the word wari(n), meaning "cover, shelter," fromwarnôn "to be careful, watchful."

WENDEL: Old High German name meaning "a Wend; a wanderer," a term used to refer to migrant Slavs in the sixth century.

WENDELIN: Diminutive form of Old High German Wendel, meaning "a Wend; a wanderer," a term used to refer to migrant Slavs in the sixth century

. WENDELL: Variant spelling of Old High German Wendel, meaning "a Wend; a wanderer," a term used to refer to migrant Slavs in the sixth century.

WENZEL: Medieval contracted form of German Wenzeslaus, meaning "more glory."

WENZESLAUS: German form of Latin Venceslaus, meaning "more glory."

WERNER: Old High German name composed of the tribal name Warin "cover, shelter," from warnôn "to be careful, watchful" and the word hari/heri "army, warrior," hence "Warin warrior," i.e. "covered warrior."

WERNHER: Variant spelling of Old High German Werner, meaning "Warin warrior," i.e. "covered warrior."

WERTHER: Old High German name composed of the elements wert "worthy" and heri "army," hence "worthy army."

WIEBE: Pet form of German names containing the element -wig, meaning "battle, fight, war."WIELAND: German myth name of a craftsman, composed of the elements wig "battle, fight, war" andland "land, territory," hence "war territory" or "battlefield."WILBERT: German equivalent of Anglo-Saxon Wilbeorht, composed of the elements will "desire, will" and beraht "bright," hence "will-bright."WILFRIED: Modern German form of Old German Willafried, meaning "desires peace." WILHELM: Contracted form of Old High German Willahelm, meaning "will-helmet." WILHELMUS: Latin form of Old High German Wilhelm, meaning "will-helmet."WILLAFRIED: Old High German name composed of the elements willo "desire, will" and fried "peace," hence "desires peace."WILLAHELM: Old High German name composed of the elements willo "desire, will" and helm "helmet, protection," hence "will-helmet."WILLERICH: Old High German name composed of the elements willo "desire, will" and ric "power, rule," hence "will-power."WILLI: Pet form of German Wilhelm, meaning "will-helmet."WILMAR: Old High German name composed of the elements willo "desire, will" and mari "famous," hence "desires fame."WIM: Pet form of German Wilhelm, meaning "will-helmet."WINFRIED: German equivalent of Anglo-Saxon Winfrið, meaning "friend of peace."WITOLD: Germanic name composed of the elements witu "wood" and wald "ruler," hence "ruler of the woods."WOLF: German and Jewish name, meaning "wolf." Compare with another form of Wolf.WOLFGANG: German name, composed of the elements wulf "wolf" and gang "a going (i.e. path)," hence "wolf path."WOLFRAM: German name composed of the elements wulf "wolf" and hramn "raven," hence "wolf-raven."WOTAN: Old German equivalent of Old Norse Óðinn, derived from proto-Germanic *Wod-enaz-, meaning "eager, frenzied, raging." XAVER: German form of Basque Xavier, meaning "a new house."YNGVI: Proto-Germanic name meaning "friend of Ing" or "worshiper of Ing." YVO: Old German name derived from the word iv ("yew"), meaning "yew tree."