Femake Irish names

Female Irish Names

ABBEY: Pet form of Irish Abigail, meaning "little smith." Compare with another form of Abbey.

ABBIE: Pet form of Irish Abigail, meaning "little smith." Compare with another form of Abbie.

ABBY: Pet form of Irish Abigail, meaning "little smith." Compare with another form of Abby.

ABIAGEAL: Irish form of English Abigail, meaning "father rejoices."

AGHADREENA: Irish name meaning "from the field of the sloe bushes."

AGHAMORA: Irish name meaning "from the great field."

AGHNA: Irish form of English Agnes, meaning "chaste; holy."

AGHAVEAGH: Irish name meaning "from the field of the old tree."

AHANA: Irish name meaning "from the little ford."

AIGNÉIS: Irish Gaelic form of Greek Hagne, meaning "chaste; holy."

AILBHE: Irish Gaelic unisex name, possibly derived from the word albho, meaning "white." In Irish legend, this is the name of a female warrior of the Fianna.

AILISH: Irish Gaelic form of English Alice, meaning "noble sort."

👉ÁINE (pron. awnya): Irish name derived from the proto-Celtic element *aidnā, meaning "radiance." In mythology, this is the name of a queen of the fairies. She may have originally been a goddess of light.

AINGEAL: Irish Gaelic form of Latin Angela, meaning "angel, messenger."

AISLIN: Variant spelling of Irish Gaelic Aisling, meaning "dream; vision."

AISLING: Irish Gaelic name meaning "dream; vision."

AISLINN: Variant spelling of Irish Gaelic Aisling, meaning "dream; vision."

AITHNE: Variant spelling of Irish Gaelic Eithne, meaning "kernel."

AITHNEA: Variant spelling of Irish Gaelic Eithne, meaning "kernel."

AOIBHEANN (pronounced ee-ven): Irish Gaelic name meaning "beautiful, fair form."

AOIBHÍN: Variant spelling of Irish Gaelic Aoibheann, meaning "beautiful, fair form."

AOIBHINN: Variant spelling of Irish Gaelic Aoibheann, meaning "beautiful, fair form."

AOIFE (pronounced ee-fya): Irish name derived from Gaelic aoibh, meaning "beauty." In mythology, this is the name of a warrior princess.

ASSUMPTA: Irish form of Spanish Asunción, meaning "assumption."

AURNIA: Irish name meaning "golden lady."

BAIBIN: Pet form of Irish Báirbre, meaning "foreign; strange."

BÁIRBRE: Irish form of Greek Barbara, meaning "foreign; strange."

BÉBHINN: Variant spelling of Irish Béibhinn, meaning "fair lady."

BÉBHIONN: Variant spelling of Irish Béibhinn, meaning "fair lady."

BÉBINN: Variant spelling of Irish Béibhinn, meaning "fair lady."

BÉIBHINN: Irish name meaning "fair lady."

BIDDY: Pet form of Irish Bride, meaning "exalted one." Compare with another form of Biddy.

BLÁITHÍN: Irish name derived from the word blath "flower" with added diminutive suffix, meaning "little flower."