01| Happy birthday mother

New York City|time squarer| 2015

Pavilion; that was the name of my mom's favorite restaurant, my dad and her actually found it when they were seniors in high school recklessly running around the streets of New York. It's a cozy restaurant located in the 7th avenue - in time square - that sells the best Italian food throughout the whole New York City, probably Italy too.

Everything on their menu was magnificent but their Tiramisu; an Italian cake with a mocha-flavored whipped cream that left a strong espresso taste in your mouth, was delicious. It had become a tradition in our family that on every birthday we would buy this cake from this exact restaurant and eat it as we celebrate the family member's birthday.

Today was my mom's birthday which was the reason why my dad and I were driving across town to buy this exact cake before my mom's flight from Paris, France landed at the airport. She had been on a business trip for two whole weeks and was now finally returning home.

My mom was a designer that made beautiful outstanding ball gowns, she even had her own wedding collection. Lyôn was the name of her brand, she had a shop here in New York, two in Los Angeles and one in France.

She had hosted her 3rd fashion show for fashion week in Paris, unfortunately my dad and I couldn't attend due to the fact that I had school and loads of test coming up and my dad had to work in his own company here in New York, I didn't really know what my dad worked with but I knew that it had something to do with financial services, Whittemore BizCentric was the name of his company.

As we were driving on the streets of New York across town from our Penthouse to get to the restaurant, large pillow looking clouds had appeared on the sky. The clouds obscured the ash gray moon that had a yellow-ish tone surrounding it. The streets of New York were as usual hectic with the neon signs lighting up the dark night and the sound of cars passing by.

Everything about New York was on it's own so overwhelming that I didn't notice rain falling down from the sky until the front window of my car became so blurry of the raindrops that I had to put on the windscreen wipers.

The rain that was splattering on the windows as I drove with speed over the road passing all the shops in a blur made an awful loud noise. I tried to concentrate on the low music that was playing on the radio isolating the awful sound of the background.

I slowly drove off the road parking next to the restaurant as I hit the brakes killing the engine in the process.

"I will be right back."

My dad buckled up his seat belt before opening the car door and stepping out of the car. Due to the fact that I picked him up directly from work he was still wearing his midnight blue suit with a black tie to match. The loud sound that the car door created when he slammed the door made me flinch, but I quickly restored my gaze back to the road as he vanished into the restaurant.