German Female names

Start from the beginning

KINGE: Pet form of German Kunigunde, meaning "brave war."

KIRSA: Old Germanic name meaning "cherry."

KLARA: German form of Latin Clara, meaning "clear, bright." Compare with other forms of Klara.

KLOTHILDA: Variant spelling of German Clothilda, meaning "famous battle maid."

KRESZENTIA: German form of Latin Crescentia, meaning "to spring up, grow, thrive."

KRESZENZ: Short form of German Kreszentia, meaning "to spring up, grow, thrive."

KRIEMHILD: German myth name of the sister of Günther and wife of Siegfried in the Nibelungenlied, composed of the Germanic elements grim "mask" and hild "battle," hence "battle mask."

KRIEMHILDE: Variant spelling of German Kriemhild, meaning "battle mask."

KRIMHILDE: Variant spelling of German Kriemhild, meaning "battle mask."

KRISTEN: German form of French Christine, meaning "believer" or "follower of Christ."

KUNIBERT: German name composed of the elements kuoni "brave" and berhaht "bright," hence "brave-bright."

KUNIGUNDE: German name composed of the elements kuoni "brave" and gund "strife," hence "brave war."

LENE: Short form of German Helene, possibly meaning "torch." Compare with another form of Lene.

LENI: Pet form of German Helene, possibly meaning "torch."

LEONORE: Short form of German Eleonore, meaning "foreign; the other."

LIES: Variant spelling of German Liese, meaning "God is my oath."

LIESA: Pet form of German Elisabeth, meaning "God is my oath."

LIESE: Pet form of German Elisabeth, meaning "God is my oath."

LIESEL: Pet form of German Elisabeth, meaning "God is my oath."

LIESELOTTE: Diminutive form of German Liese, meaning "God is my oath."

LIESL: Variant spelling of German Liesel, meaning "God is my oath."

LILI: Pet form of German Elisabeth, meaning "God is my oath." Compare with other forms of Lili.

LILO: Pet form of German Lieselotte, meaning "God is my oath." Compare with another form of Lilo

.LISELOTTE: Variant spelling of German Lieselotte, meaning "God is my oath."

LORA: German form of Latin Laura, meaning "laurel." Compare with another form of Lora.

LORE: Variant spelling of German Lora, meaning "laurel." Compare with another form of Lore.

LORELEI: Variant spelling of German Loreley, meaning "murmuring rock."

LORELEY: German name composed of the elements lureln "murmuring" and ley "rock," hence "murmuring rock." In folklore, this is the name of a maiden who lived on a rock in the Rhine river and lured fishermen to their death with her song.

LOTTE: Short form of German Liselotte, meaning "God is my oath." Compare with another form of Lotte.

LUISE: German form of French Louise, meaning "famous warrior."

LUITGARD: German name composed of the elements liut "people" and gard "enclosure, protection," hence "people protection."

LULU: Pet form of German Luise and French Louise, both meaning "famous warrior."