Case 3: Deadly Life

I lost wifi and power when I wanted to post this. I've been... really shitty lately (shitty autocorrected to Shittyomaeda oh my gosh) in keeping up with this. Sorry. I've been a bitch. Also this became really long so sorry

-THE DRAWING / LOTTERY WAS COMPLETELY FAIR. I DID WHOEVER FIRST CAME UP. I'll PM you if you are the murderer, DO NOT TELL THE OTHERS. If I PM you an account or an important clue, only bring it up if someone asks you. Either way, it'll be shown in the Class Trial. I am going to write out the Class Trial. Clues are found by looking in spots and places

It was four days ever since the discovery of the Despair Disease, and no one showed signs that they were going to kill.

"Kyou should be done with his shift now," Lucy yawned, stretching her arms up above her head.

Kyou, Lucy, and Eve-Mia had been taking shifts to watch over the Despair Disease victims. Most of them took three-hour shifts, as sometimes Kyou would have a coughing fit and have one of his sickness problems really affect human, other times Eve-Mia would panic.

So they settled for three-hour shifts.

"Okay, see you," You said distractedly, digging one fingernail into the surface of the dining table.

You were exhausted. You really were. Sometimes, the victims would slip out of vision, and you had found Aruto in the kitchen not too long ago. After a lot of convincing, you managed to get him back to the hospital wing and rest.

"I'm actually gonna head off to my room," you sighed, pulling yourself up from the table. "God, this is exhausting."

Aiko glanced at you, her face pulled in a frown and arms wrapped around herself (you caught on that she didn't like bugs). "Blame the mastermind, the one who forced us into this," she muttered.

This was among the first you heard about the mastermind. "Did you hear anything about him or her?"

"One word. Junko Enoshima. That name is everywhere."

Junko Enoshima.

"Don't recognize it."

"None of us do," Aruno chimed in with a look at Aiko. "But she's the one who put another group of people on a killing game like this one- the Mutual Killing Game of 78. The 78th Class, I'm guessing."

"Where'd you find that out?"

"Library. It's kinda creepy."

You shrugged. "Don't want to deal with this," you stated. "It might be only 7:30 but I'm exhausted."

"All right."

With that, you stood to your full height, bidding everyone in the Dining Hall goodbye and good night before heading off to your dorm. 

Looking side to side, you noticed that there were three dorm rooms open- Natsu's, Rika's, and Aruto's. The three Despair Disease victims. 

Shrugging it off, you slid into your room, collapsed on bed, your head spinning.

I hope I don't get the Despair Disease... on the other hand, it's either that or someone dies... 

With a sigh, you nestled your chin on the crook of your forearms, drifting into restless sleep. 

"Hey!"

Bang, bang, bang!

You awoke to the shuddering noise of fists meeting the doors.

"Something's up!"

You dragged yourself out of bed, opening the door slowly to see Kyou standing there. 

"K-Kyou?" 

"It's-" he looked out of breath, and as he leaned over, he started spluttering and coughing before you pounded into his back to open his airway. "Y-You better see for yourself. I-It's worrying- for me, anyway." 

With a glance at the time, you calculated that it was just before seven o'clock. 

"Eve-Mia was supposed t-to take her shift, but I can't find her, and then Aruto insulted me..."

You narrowed your eyes. "Aruto...? Didn't he get the nurturing disease?"

"I don't know anything of this 'nurturing disease' you speak of."

Oh, that was definitely the sharp tongue of the butler you had gotten used to seeing before he turned all happy and friendly. 

You turned, one hand still resting on Kyou's shoulder to see Aruto standing there, arms crossed and face pulled in the frown.

"Um... can I have cookies?"

"No." 

If Aruto reverted back to his old, witty personality... did the Despair Disease move from him being a victim, or did... someone die? 

"Rika and Natsu are confused too. When I told them the date, they didn't remember the past four days." 

Aruto's brow furrowed. 

There was the patter of footsteps, and you whipped around to Natsu running down the hall. "Have you seen my fedora?" 

"More importantly, have you seen Eve-Mia?" You asked him. He shook his head. "Split up in pairs of two?"

"That's moronic, even for you," Aruto sighed. "There could be a killing if we did such."

"Three, then. Happy? I'll go with Natsu and Kyou. Aruto, you go back to being an insufferable pri- I mean, go grab some others." 

Aruto's eyebrow twitched. 

"Um, do you want to try the open rooms first?" Kyou asked. "For Natsu's fedora and Eve-Mia, I mean."

"Eve-Mia is more important then my fedora, but I guess we could look for both at the same time." 

With that, you whipped on your heel and started towards the nearest dorm- Aruto's dorm.

Stepping inside, you glanced around the room. "No Eve-Mia."

"I think that's obvious..." 

"Let me check for my fedora under the bed."

Natsu got on his knees, and while looking under the bed, he released a shriek. 

"Wh- Natsu!"

"She's under the bed!"

"What?!"

With that, you fell to your knees alongside Kyou to check under the bed. 

"Ding ding dong~! A body has been discovered! There will be time to investigate before we begin the Class Trial!"

The body of Eve-Mia, the Ultimate Lab-Rat rested under the bed. 

"Natsu, go get the others!"

He shot away. 

Kyou looked almost sick. "We have to pull her out, don't we...?"

"Yeah, probably..." 

Reaching out, you wrapped your fingers around the clammy skin of her wrist, shuddering at the temperature and touch. 

Kyou mirrored your action, tugging gently before you two pulled Eve-Mia from under the bed.

"Eve-Mia...?"

"Th-That's another body!" 

"And so it begins again..." 

THE MONOKUMA FILE:

The victim is Eve-Mia Rethry. The body was found underneath the bed in Aruto Tachibana's room.

The estimated time of death is between 11PM and 1AM. 

Her body has no signs of external injury. The only visible mark on her body is the bruise on her neck.

There are no traces of poison. 

INVESTIGATION: BEGIN