Chapter 31 - Cheaters

Wolf Hunter

Wolf Hunter

© Copyright 2016 - Please do not copy any part or idea from this book.

Chapter 31

After the talk with Atticus, he left, saying he was going to make some calls to other packs. He was going to ask for their support in the war against the Hunters.

I wondered around the territory. Some treated me with respect, nodding at me and smiling. Others gave me dirty looks and scowled at me.

I probably deserve it, I thought.

At one point, I stopped and sat on a bench. I looked around me, enjoying the beautiful scenery. The tall trees, the colorful leaves, the blue sky, and the fresh air.

I was almost asleep, but I heard someone sit next to me.

I looked over and saw a girl smiling at me.

"Uh.. Hi?" I said. She smiled even bigger.

"You're the Luna!" She said excitedly. I nodded.

"Yeah, I guess so."

"It's an honor to meet you!" She said, extending her arm out. I took it and shook her hand.

"I'm Vitani," I said.

"I'm Cassandra, but you can call me Cassie," she said. Her blonde hair was tied in a fish tail braid, and she wore a black head band. Her dress was white, and it was loose on her. Her shoes were simple black sandals.

"Nice to meet you, Cassie," I said. She smiled.

"What's it like being the Luna?" She asked. I shrugged.

"Not special, I can tell you that," I said.

"And how about having Atticus as your mate?" She asked.

"He's... incredible and impossible," I said. She burst out laughing.

"You're funny!" She said. I stared at her.

She's like mental or something, I thought to myself.

She then moved from the bench to the floor and started picking at the grass. She then picked out a dandelion and handed it to me with a smile.

"Here you go, Vitani!" She said. I leaned forward and took it, thanking her for the yellow flower.

"How does it feel being pregnant?" She asked, not bothering to look up at me. She was concentrated on cutting the grass with her fingers.

I panicked. Did rumors spread? How did she know?!

"How did you know?" I asked her. She looked up.

"It's obvious, your bump is showing!" She said. I looked down and saw no trace of the bump being visible.

This girl is insane.