Chapter 6 - Hostage

Wolf Hunter

Wolf Hunter

© Copyright 2015 - Please do not copy any part or idea from this book.

Chapter 6

I stood impatiently, waiting for the Asian woman to finish her phone call.

I tapped her should again, glaring at her as she turned.

"Think you can hurry up?" I asked for the seventh time.

She replied in her language and turned around, ignoring me.

"I've had enough," I said, flipping her and taking the phone out of her hand. I watched as her face morphed into one of anger. She immediately started yelling at me in Chinese, then turned on her heel and stomped off. I put the phone to my ear and heard a man speaking in Chinese.

"Hello? Hello? She'll call you back." I pushed the button that indicated the call was over. I looked down at the paper in my hand.

I pressed the numbers, and placed the phone next to my ear.

"Hello?" A husky voice answered. I felt my stomach churn at the voice, which sounded incredibly sexy.

"Hi! Is this Jonathan?" I asked, coming up with a fake name and making sure my voice sounded friendly.

"No, it's not."

"Oh," I said, faking disappointment.

"Then who am I speaking to?" I asked, hoping the sexy voice would reply the name Atticus.

"Atticus." I heard the voice say, making my stomach flip. I frowned at the feeling. What is that?

"Listen well, Atticus." I said, dropping the act and using my normal voice. I heard a growl.

"Who is this?" He asked.

"Why, the girl that will end your life, of course!" I exclaimed. I looked around, making sure no one was paying attention as I practically almost shouted it out.

"Vitani." He growled.

"As I was saying. I've been forced to call you and threaten you. I have no idea what to threaten you about, so I'll be honest and tell you I'm about to improvise." I said calmly.

"I will be entering your territory tonight, and I'll kill one of your pack members. Or maybe two. Depends on my mood. I invite you to come and stop me. I know all your territory, mutt. I hope to see you tonight at the clearing to the west of your home at seven o'clock. You might make it in time to save one of the two," I said, and hung up. I looked down at my watch and read the time.

1:26 pm.

About five and a half hours? Probably. Math was never my best subject anyway.

I turned around and was about to walk back to where I was staying at, when I noticed a familiar face.