Chapter Forty Three ~Aleena~

I gasped.

"What is it?" Edward asked.

"They know we're coming."

"What? How?"

I shrugged. "I don't know; they just do. We'll have to go in prepared to fight."

"I was born prepared to fight." Jake said.

Ignoring Jake, Edward asked, "Can you see who will be waiting for us there?"

"I can try." The plane touched down. I cussed. "We've gotta switch planes. I'll try then."

Edward nodded. "Okay."

*

"Anything?" Bella asked.

I shook my head. "Nothing."

Edward cussed.

"Edward."

"What?"

"Why can't I see anything?"

"I don't know. Alice?"

"Hmm?" she turned to look at us.

"Why can't Aleena see anything?"

"Are you concentrating on the Volturi?"

"Yes."

"Try not concentrating on Seth."

"Why?"

"Just do it. It helps if you're not distracted or worried about something else."

I sighed. "Okay." I closed my eyes and focused on the Volturi, trying my best to not think about Seth.

"They'll be here soon." Caius told Marcus, putting his phone in a pocket in his cloak.

"Excellent." Marcus said. "What about the werewolf?"

"She's coming for him. As planned."

Marcus nodded. "Good, good." He turned. "Felix?"

The big vampire limped out, still healing from his fight with Emmett and Edward.

"Yes, master?"

"Go greet our guests."

He smiled evilly. "I'd be delighted to."

I gasped, coming back to the plane.

"Well?" Edward asked.

"Felix will be there."

This time Bella cussed.

"Bella!" Edward said.

"Get over it." She said. "You cuss, too."

"That doesn't matter right now." Alice said. "What matters is…how are we going to get past Felix and into Volterra? Without causing a scene?"

"Easy." Renesmee said. We all looked at her. "We cause a bigger one."

I looked at Alice. She nodded. "What kind?"

Renesmee smiled.

"Here's how it goes…"

*

"Are you sure this will work?" I asked Renesmee for the fifteenth time.

"Yes, Aleena. Now, quit fidgeting. You're mixing your smell with mine."

"Sorry." We had traded clothes to confuse the scent.

"Now, Dad. What is your part in the plan?"

"As soon as the plane is taxied in place, I jump up saying I saw a man with a bomb. While everyone is running off, we join them, and then meet up at the car rental place."

Renesmee nodded.

"Mom?"

"I point to Felix when we get off and yell that he's the man with the bomb. When the authorities surround him, I go and meet you at the rental place."

Renesmee nodded again.

"Alice and Jake?"

"Confuse the crowd." They said simultaneously. They looked at each other and grinned.

"Aleena?"

"Follow you." My legs started bouncing up and down again.

The plane touched down. It slowed down, gliding into place.

"Here goes…" Edward muttered to us. He stood up.

*

"Oh my God!" I said when Renesmee and I got to the rental place. "I can't believe that worked!"

"Me either." She said.

"It was your plan!"

She shrugged. "Doesn't matter."

"Get in!" Alice yelled from the other side of the street. Renesmee and I both looked up.

Without looking both ways, we ran across the street and dove into the blue Chevy Volt.

"Alice, tell me you didn't steal this one." Bella said from the front passenger seat.

"Okay." Alice said. "I won't."

"Alice!" Bella complained.

"You told me not to tell you, so I didn't."

"Where are the guys?" I asked.

"Getting another car." Bella said. "They're meeting us in Volterra."

"Okay. Let's go."

*

"I don't like being here." Bella said.

"That's because you haven't had any good experiences here." Alice told her, speeding up the hill towards the Volturi and Seth.

"And you have?" Bella retorted.

"No, but that doesn't mean this one has to be bad." I glared at her through the rearview mirror.

"Sorry." She said when she saw me.

"Mhm. Can you drive any faster?"

"Legally? No. But will I? Oh, yes!"

To prove her point, she pressed down on the accelerator.

((A/N: next to last line...ismyabsolutefavorite! Jus' sayin'. ;) enjoy! ))