Chapter Twenty Two ~Seth~

As Aleena walked to the bathroom, I watched her butt.

"Seth." I heard.

"Hmmm?"

"What did I tell you?"

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Mhm." She shut the door, and I snickered.

When she turned the water on, I laid back and closed my eyes. Before I knew it, I was asleep.

*

I woke up when Aleena's wet hair hit my chest. I didn't feel like moving, so I laid there; my arm around her, with her arm across my stomach, and her right leg across my legs.

I was about to fall asleep again when I heard a door open and shut. I strained to listen, but that was all I heard. When I blinked, I saw a flash of movement. I looked; it was Alice.

"Sorry!" she whispered. "I was just putting Aleena's glasses in here." She disappeared in a flash.

I rolled my eyes and fell back asleep.

When I woke up, I immediately realized that I was dreaming. For starters, I was wearing a tux. I never wear tuxes. Ever. I looked to my right, and Aleena was there. She was wearing a nice, prom-looking dress. It was beautiful. It was dark purple and black with thin black spaghetti straps. Her heels were black. She had her hair up on top of her head again, and makeup that just perfected her beauty. She looked up at me and smiled.

"Smile, Seth." She said. I smiled. She laughed. "Now, look at the camera."

I looked in front of me. There was a photographer in front of us. I smiled, and was quickly blinded by the flash.

Just then, the song 'Big Girls Don't Cry' by Fergie started playing. Aleena grabbed my hand, and said, "Let's dance, baby."

While we were on the dance floor, slowly revolving in small circles, I realized something. Aleena's eyes were back to her lovely hazel.

"Your eyes…" I said.

She laughed. "They returned to normal over a month ago, Seth. Honestly, I figured you'd remember by now. You tell me how beautiful they are every day."

"And everybody's gifts…?"

"They all have them back." Her face tightened slightly at that.

We danced the rest of the song in silence.

When the song ended, I woke up.

"Seth." I opened my eyes to Aleena leaning over me, her hair falling around my face.

"Yeah?" I mumbled, still half asleep.

"Are you okay? You were saying something about, 'big girls don't cry.' It was kinda weird."

"Yeah. I'm fine. It was nothing. Just a dream."

She looked at me skeptically.

"What time is it?" I asked, to get her off subject.

She glanced at the clock. "9:26."

My eyes widened. "Crap!"

"What?" She asked.

"I've got patrol in four minutes! I've gotta shower and eat!" She moved so I could get up.

"I'll get breakfast ready while you shower." She walked to the kitchen.

*

Two-and-a-half minutes later, I ran into the kitchen with only a towel wrapped around my waist.

There were three plates stacked with pancakes and French toast on the table.

"You made all this?" I asked around a mouthful of pancakes.

"No. Esme did. She came earlier this morning. She left a note." Aleena said as she took a small bite of French toast covered in syrup.

"Oh." I looked at the clock. 9:29. "I've gotta go. I stood up and gulped down a glass of milk to swallow the pancakes. I kissed her on the forehead. "Tell Esme I said thanks!" I yelled as I ran out the door and phased, shredding the fancy monogrammed towel. Oh, well. The Cullens could afford a new one. Many new ones, actually.

Leah!

I thought.

Thank God.

She replied. I was not going to run your patrol.

Yeah, sorry about that. I overslept.

Ooh. What'd you do?

Embry asked.

I rolled my eyes, wolf-style. Nothing like that, Embry. Jeez.

Oh. Wimp.

Guys, I'm phasing back. I'll tell Jake you're out here.

Thanks, Leah.

I thought to her as I felt her phase back to human.

So, really, man, what'd you do?

Quil thought, continuing Embry's questions and thoughts.

Nothing.

I insisted. I was already asleep by the time she got out of the shower.

Awww.

They whined in unison. I barked out a laugh.