Chapter Thirty Three ~Aleena~

"Hello, Aleena. I'm Seth's mother, Sue."

"Hello, Mrs. Clearwater."

She smiled. "Call me Sue." She extended her hand.

I laughed and shook it. "Sue."

"I'm gonna show Aleena some of the house, okay, Mom?" Seth asked.

"As in, your room?" She laughed when we both blushed. Walking into the kitchen, she said, "Make sure you do your homework, Seth."

Grabbing my hand, Seth led me down a short hallway.

"Seth, I've already seen your room." I told him. I used Renesmee's gift to show him those two days after the accident.

"Yeah, but I was unconscious most of the time. I didn't get to give you the official tour."

"There's an official tour for your room?"

"There is now."

I laughed and rolled my eyes.

"Don't be mean." He mock-pouted.

I stuck my lower lip out. "I'm sorry." I said in a baby voice. I tried to keep a straight face, but I cracked up.

He just stuck his tongue out at me, which made me laugh even harder, and dragged me down the hall to his room.

Before we got to his room, I noticed one of the pictures hanging on the wall. I stopped, pulling my hand out of Seth's.

"Who's this?" I asked. It was a picture of Seth, Leah, Sue, and a man.

"My dad." His voice sounded sad.

I looked at him. "What happened?"

"He died of a heart attack a few years ago."

"Oh. I'm sorry."

He shrugged. "It's okay."

I rubbed his arm. "I'm still sorry."

He put his hand over mine and smiled. "Come on." He took my hand again and opened the door to his room.

"This is my room. It's small, but it works."

We walked in, and I was actually shocked at the size of his room.

It was small! There was a twin-size bed pushed up against the wall with the window, a small closet with clothes piled up in the floor, a small dresser with the drawers open and clothes hanging out of them, a nightstand with an alarm clock on it, and a small 13-inch television on the nightstand.

"Wow." I said.

"I told you it was small."

"I didn't think it would be this small!" I looked at him. "But, if it's good for you, it's perfect." I shivered.

"Are you cold?" he instantly asked.

I nodded. "A little."

"Here." He walked over to his closet and pulled a jacket off of a hanger. He came back to me and held the jacket out in front of me.

"What?"

He shook it. "Wear it."

I shook my head. "I'm fine."

He just shook it, and held it there until I took the jacket and put it on over my own jacket.

As I was putting the jacket on, a wolf howled.

Seth cussed. "That's Jake. I've gotta go. Will you be fine here?"

I nodded. "I'll be fine. I might go home. Or, I might hang out with your mom." I smiled.

He grinned and kissed me. "I'll be back as soon as I can!" He ran off.

I wrapped his jacket tighter around me and watched him go.

"Aleena?" Sue called from the kitchen.

"Coming." I said.

When I walked in there, she asked, "Where did Seth go?"

Before I said anything that would get him in trouble, I read her thoughts.

"Jake…needed him. I'm probably going to go home."

She nodded. "It was nice meeting you."

I smiled. "Same here. See you around, Sue."

"Bye, Aleena."

I rush-walked out to my car, hunched over trying to avoid the rain. Before I got to my car, I heard a growl.

I whirled around to see a wolf, crouched down and snarling at me.

I quickly scanned the wolf's thoughts; this was not a werewolf.

It was an actual wolf.

I screamed as it lunged.