Chapter Five ~Aleena~

I spent the next few days wondering about the boy I never got to meet. Renesmee invited me over again, but I was grounded for 'going off with complete strangers,' as my father so nicely put it. He never said how long, and I never asked. He'd eventually give in and let me go. I just bided my time by arranging and rearranging my room over and over. It felt like it was missing something. I just couldn't figure out what.

One day, Alice came over instead of Renesmee.

"Hi, Alice." I said. "Where's Renesmee?"

"She asked me to come over today. Here, I brought something for your room." She handed me a rectangular package. "Open it." She demanded.

I opened it, and gasped. I was speechless. It was a painting of the most beautiful boy on the planet.

"Do you like it?" Alice asked.

"Like it? I freaking love it. Who painted it?"

She smiled. "I did." she said, embarrassed.

I smiled. "Thanks, Alice. It's exactly what my room's been missing."

"Really?"

"Yeah. You wanna help me hang it up?"

"Sure. But, I have to go back home soon. Unless, you can come over?"

I sighed. "I don't know. I'd have to ask my dad. He's still pretty mad that I went to your house last week without telling anyone."

She rolled her eyes. "Let me take care of it." She rubbed her hands together. "Now, come on. Let's go hang that painting up." I let her in and we walked up the stairs together.

"Okay. Who is it?"

"Seth." I nearly dropped it.

"As in, Jacob's friend?"

"Yup." she popped her mouth on the p.

"Why would you give me a painting of him?"

"You'll find out soon enough." She looked at me from the corner of her eye and smiled. "So, where's your dad? I'll talk to him while you figure out where you want to hang the painting."

"He's in his room, down the hall on the right." I paused at my door. Turning to look at Alice, I said, "Good luck."

She smiled. "Thanks, but I don't think I'll be needing it."

"Okay. Don't say I didn't warn you."

"I won't." She turned and walked into my parents' bedroom.

*

Alice came in my room a few minutes later with a big grin on her face.

"What?" I asked, pushing my glasses on top of my head.

"Hurry up and figure out where you want to put that. You're coming over."

My mouth fell open. "Are you serious?"

She nodded. "Now, where do you want that painting to hang?"

"I was thinking right here." I pointed at the space on the wall.

"I think that's perfect."

We hung the painting up, and then for the first time in a week, I went back to the Cullen's.