Chapter Twenty Four ~Seth~

As I was running, I felt something shift inside me.

Whoa! Embry thought when I stumbled, which I never did. What was that?

I don't know. I replied. Should I go to the house and check it out?

You just want to see Aleena again. Quil teased.

No, man. You forget, the Denali coven was supposed to arrive today. What if something happened? That put them on alert.

Go, dude. Quil ordered, all serious now.

Yeah. We'll cover for you. Embry said.

*

When I got close enough to the house, I phased back into human. I ran, werewolf speed, to my stash of clothes. I quickly grabbed something, not even looking at what it was. I stopped when the shorts I had grabbed wouldn't go past my knees.

"Really?" I said out loud to no one. I had grabbed Leah's shorts. Rolling my eyes, I quickly took them off and grabbed another pair, making sure they were mine this time.

Not bothering to put on shoes or a shirt, I ran inside.

Only to find Aleena lying on the ground.

"Aleena!" I started to run to her side, but Edward and Alice held me back. "Let go of me!" I yelled, struggling to get closer to her.

They were both gripping my arms, which were starting to lose the blood flow to them. It hurt, so I fell limp, sagging against their grips. As soon as they let go, I lunged towards Aleena. I had forgotten one important thing: They were vampires; I wasn't quick enough.

I yelled incoherently in frustration. "Why won't you let me go?"

"We don't know what will happen." Alice said normally, like she wasn't holding back a six foot tall werewolf.

"What do you mean, you don't know what will happen? She's passed out; I need to get her to wake up!" I thought for a few seconds, and then said, "It seems like you don't know a lot lately."

Edward growled. "That's because we don't know what she is." He said through clenched teeth, pointing at Aleena.

"She is a normal human."

"With some kind of gift."

"Weren't you before Carlisle changed you?" I stared defiantly at him.

Slowly, he let go of my arm. "Alice, let him go." He said angrily, through clenched teeth. Alice loosened her grip, and I ran to Aleena's side. When I touched her face, the whole world turned black.

*

I awoke to hands touching my face. When I opened my eyes, I saw Aleena's wolf eyes staring off at something else.

"A…lee…na?" I said, my voice hoarse and raspy.

She gasped. "Seth!" She wrapped me in a tight hug, but quickly let go when I groaned in pain. "Oh, I'm so sorry!"

"What…happened?" I felt lightheaded.

"I don't know. I was passed out. When I woke up, you were passed out." She pulled my face until it was inches away from her own. "Don't you ever do that again."

"Do…what?"

"I don't know, but whatever you did, don't ever do it again."

"Deal." I cleared my throat. When that hurt, I asked, "Can…I have some…water?"