Zayn thinks Elijah is going to say something along the lines of 'he doesn't want to come out because he cares more about his social status than me'.

But that's not really what was said.

So Elijah goes, "he says he likes me a lot and that he wouldn't mind being seen out publicly with me..." the sentence didn't seem finished yet.

"He said he's just not ready yet. To give him some time,"

And there it is, the way it always goes down.

"Which means he's not ready nor will he ever be," Elijah sniffles. Zayn's taken aback because he didn't think Elijah would be this smart in a relationship. Usually, people are so indenial, they will do anything to stay with their partner. But this isn't the case for Zayn's son. That's how Zayn knows he raised him well.

"And I really don't want to lose him, you know? It takes a lot of effort to build a relationship like that even if you're just starting off. I really like him and he really likes me and I know you think I'm young and dumb and delusional, but I'm not, dad. I'm really not. He's the one always wanting to take me out on dates when he knows he can't, always taking pictures of us together in secret. He's the one who approached me, he talked me up on the damn bleachers, not the other way around," Elijah ends up yelling.

"So don't you think you should trust him and give him time if he's the one that put in effort to be with you," Zayn replies, his heart beating fast because that football boy is head over heels for Elijah and Elijah doesn't even know it.

The boy sits there, processing what was just said. His eyes widen little by little in realization.

"You're right. I'll give him time, but if he prolongs it then..." his eyes get watery again.

"Then I'll end it, cause I deserve a public relationship, I'm gay for God's sake. I'm already judged enough. But I deserve a happy relationship. I do." He says to himself, wiping the tears from his eyes.

"How's this. Call him and invite him over for dinner tonight. Tell him not to worry cause we know you're gay and he is too," Zayn rolls his eyes playfully.

"And if he still doesn't want to come, tell him I know where he lives," Zayn jokes. Elijah laughs and nods his head, getting up.

"Alright, I'll be downstairs. Gotta tell your dad to make more food for..."

"Noah," Elijah says.

"That cute name better match up with a cute face," Zayn speaks.

"Oh it does," Elijah laughs.

"And clean up, you emotional teenager," his father scolds.

"That's my name, don't wear it out," he sighs, flipping his chair back over and then going for his phone.

Zayn shakes his head, stepping out and closing the door behind him.

He heads downstairs, looking for Liam. He finds him standing in the kitchen, taking fruit out of the refrigerator.

"Whatcha making?" Zayn asks, hugging Liam.

"Smoothies," Liam responds, turning his head to kiss Zayn.

"Love smoothies," Zayn murmurs, kissing Liam back.

"Ew," they hear from behind them. Zayn burst out laughing, pulling back.

Zayn grabs Liam's face and smushes their lips together to annoy his son.

"Oh god, I'm barfing," Elijah imitates vomiting.

"What do you want," Zayn raises a brow.

"This is my kitchen too," Eli walks to the cabinets.

Zayn and Liam stare at him.