Lydia & Klaus

Lydia Martin always knew she was destined for great things. She was headstrong from a very young age and that didn't change much as she evolved into a young woman. There had been many bumps and a few distractions along the way to where she is now, but she wouldn't have had done anything differently if given the chance. After all, if she never had been involved with Jackson or Scott and their little feud from the very beginning, she'd had never found out that she was a banshee whose powers had been lying dormant until that fateful night when Peter attacked her.

Being part of the McCall pack gave Lydia a chance to see all the good she could do and what it was like to be decently important to other people. But even as she ran around with the wolves, the coyote and the fox.. being part of a pack wasn't what she felt like she was destined for.

Instead, Lydia wanted more for her life. She needed more.

Unlike the others who were devoted to pack duties and Beacon Hills, Lydia wanted out of the small town life. She wanted to find her soulmate and have her happily ever after. She wanted the well respected job and to travel the world with her other half by her side. But as long as she was stuck going back to Beacon Hills every holiday or break from college that she got, she'd never get the life she wanted for herself.

So when Derek told Scott- during their Spring Break in their second year of college- that he was heading down to Louisiana to check on some old family friends, Lydia asked if she could tag along because spending her spring break with bonded couples wasn't her idea of fun. She and Derek were the only two to have yet find their soulmates, and when Derek saw the desperation in her eyes he couldn't exactly say no. Although, he did say no when Lydia tried buying them plane tickets instead of letting Derek drive them. And in the end, Lydia let Derek drive as long as she got to pick some of the music.

She had packed several suitcases and when it came to loading everything up in Derek's vehicle, she glared and dared him to say anything about what all she was bringing. Though when they were on the road and both had surprisingly settled in a comfortable silence with music playing lowly, Derek couldn't help but ask, "You know I only need a day to check in with my friends, right? What's with all the essentials you packed?"

"It's Spring Break, Derek," she answers, eyes glued to her phone screen. "I'm all for you figuring out what you need to do, I'll even help you if you need it, but I am not going back to Beacon Hills after one day of vacation. Not happening," she huffs.

"What are you gonna do, run away for a week?" he chuckles. "The people I'm looking for in New Orleans, they're not exactly people I'd trust to sleep under the same roof as. I've made no reservations elsewhere and only planned to make sure they're getting by since they've helped my family out of a tight situation once or twice."

"And that's why you have me," Lydia suddenly grins, locking her phone and dropping it in her lap before she gives Derek her full attention. "I've got us put up at the Hotel Monteleone for an entire week; one room with two full size beds. You're welcome."

Derek knew that coming with Lydia wasn't going to be as simple as he'd hoped. So instead of asking if she seriously booked them a room, he only grins and shakes his head. "How in the world did you book a room in the French Quarter? Isn't that a little pricey for a college student?"

"You forget that I bar-tend every night," she replies with a smirk. "And not to sound like a conceited bitch, but with a face and body like mine the tips are very generous." She can see his amusement even though he's staring straight ahead and when it doesn't seem like he's going to say anything else, Lydia readjusts herself in the seat to face forward once more.

"..thank you."

And since Derek isn't one to usually let his guard down and actually give thanks, Lydia merely hums happily in response and turns up the radio a little bit louder.