nine - walled in

[ Rituals never change. ]

^'°

for kristyn (stilestastic)and siobhan (potterhead2008) !!

"What did you do?" was the first question they asked, their voices composed of power and broken glass. "You did this to him, didn't you?"

They were concerned, concerned for the life of their brother over the life of a flamboyant newcomer. But, while Newt lay silent, Allie weeped, knowing this would happen but not prepared for it. When would she have ever been prepared for it?

It was more than just the rushing around, picking up the pieces. It was the accusing looks thrown her way or the calm mannerism towards Newt, but nothing done to comfort her. Didn't they know that she had tried to save him? The thoughts tangled and twisted around in her mind. What did they think she was capable of behind their backs?

The two girls, fresh out of the Box, looked anxious, but not nearly as sad or scared or stressed as Allie was.  She sniffled and and rubbed at her swelled cheeks, wishing for them to go back to normal so she could talk to the girls without looking like she was guilty for all of this.

Em and Evan were nowhere to be found, and Allie could only guess where they could be. She didn't care at the moment, and with a start, she realized she was angry at them. For leaving her alone in the Deadheads, for not being there when she desperately needed them. Allie shook her head. And Evan was the one who brought up the whole traitor theory.

"I can't believe you would pull a stunt like this. You're jacked in the head, Greenie." Matthew stood in front of her, blocking her escape route, his muscles frame making her shrink back. His arms were crossed intimidatingly across his chest.

"Shut your mouth, supporting character," Allie said meekly, not even bothering to say the words with force. She wasn't in the mood for his verbal torture. Matthew leaned closer  to her.

"I'm gonna throw you out of here. You understand?  You can't just come in here and hurt our shucking leaders." Matthew sneered.

Allie tried to pushed past him but he stopped her.

"Before you go, I need to hurt you. Just to give you a little taste of what it's like when you get Banished." He whispered the next part.  "Which will be very soon, ya know."

Allie's eyes widened as his sickeningly sweet voice trickled into her mind, making her tense and on edge.  Her feet itched to run away from him, but something deep inside her brain was keeping her here.  Maybe it was fear... maybe it was something else.

"You're not denying it." Matthew smirked.  Her heart beat faster.

And he punched her in the nose.

-

"ALLIE!"

"What, Steph?" she asked, but as her vision came into focus, she realized her mistake. "Oh. Yeah. Forgot I was here for a second."

One of the girls laughed. The other one was starkly silent.

"Oh my gosh, are you the Greenies? Why do I always have to be waking up when I meet everyone?" she groaned, remembering her introduction with Em.