one - fangirl

[ Everyone's story begins somewhere. ]

^'°

The two friends paced the empty hallways, not a student in sight. They had stayed after school to finish their science project, and for the first time they realized how creepy it was being the only ones in school on a Friday at five o'clock. The corridors were dark, and the sun was setting. Fast.

"Not again, Allie." Steph sighed. "Can you just talk about something else for once?"

"No! The Fever Code prologue demands to be talked about!" Allie Hewitt cried, throwing her hands in the air in exasperation. She looked at Steph. "Haven't you read it?"

Steph stifled a laugh. "That whole series is just a copy of Divergent. Or The Hunger Games. So no."

"Are you kidding me?" Allie's mouth dropped open. "The Maze Runner was published two years before Divergent. And Newt is way better than Tobias will ever be."

"If you go on a rant again, I will actually kill you this time." threatened Steph. But Allie had already started.

"Minho is the sassiest human being on Earth. There is no one sassier than him." Allie snapped, and when Steph said, "He's not real," Allie just continued.

"And Mama Noot? We both know British people are ten times hotter than normal people. Like, the accent is to die for. Also, there wouldn't be Newtmas without Newt!" Allie finished.

"You're obsessed." Steph sighed. "Like, you have a problem."

"I know." Allie agreed reluctantly. "But there's no escaping from the fandom once you fall into its trap."

"I get it." Steph smiled. "Teen Wolf. Don't even get me started."

"Wasn't planning on it." Allie laughed. "C'mon, we're going to be late for the bus!"

Steph Viccio and Allie Hewitt stepped outside into the freezing winter chill. Allie shivered and burrowed deeper into her coat. She proceeded to retrieve the woolen mittens from her warm pockets. The bus hadn't arrived yet, so Allie and Steph were forced to wait outside in the cold. Dark clouds swarmed over their heads as they both sat down on a bench.

"I need some solar flares right about now," Allie giggled. Steph shot her the evil eye. They were the only ones outside, the only two waiting for the late bus.

A few silent minutes later, the bus pulled up on the curb in front of the two girls. The doors slid open and they arose from the bench.

Allie, being extra careful not to slip, waddled over to the bus' stairs. Steph trailing behind her, she took a step.

But her boot-clad foot missed the ledge.

Her neck snapped backwards as she fell. Her vision swam with black dots, but she fought against the force that was pulling her under. A shooting pain ran up her spine. Allie heard a faint cracking, seemingly far away, but she knew it was her own spine snapping. Blood. So much of her own blood staining the asphalt and the bus steps. Her vision going black, her mind clearing and falling into a dark, inky oblivion.

Freezing pain.

That was Allie's life right now.

A/N: all the glade action is coming soon! this is just how it all starts. you'll see it'll get better :)
—laera