KIDNAPPEDPart 7

Mary POV

An itch on my arm wakes me up. I struggle to open my eyes, but i remember where I am and my eyes shoot open. I sit up and look around. The boy is still sleeping and now so is Mia. I have a huge headache and my back is hurting from laying on this cot. The room is still bright and i see no switch to turn off the lights. We are in a slightly bigger room with 3 cots placed on the side of each wall. There is a small window on one of the walls, the one that doesn't have a bed by it and the window has bars across it. Even if it didn't, the window is too high and too small to do anything with it.

I hear shuffling on one side of the room and turn to see the guy scratching his arm in his sleep, then slowly open his eyes. I watch him silently, him having no idea hes being watched. He opens his eyes and stays on his back, staring at the ceiling.

"How did it feel?" he suddenly asks. I stay quiet, thinking. I'm not sure how it felt. It felt strange, I felt scared and then safe. It didn't feel like a dream, it felt real, but somehow i knew it wasn't. I keep thinking about the figure i saw, who's face i couldn't make out. The little girl, that was me, why did she look scared?

"I dont know," I reply.

"She's finally asleep huh," he says, speaking of Mia. I haven't seen her sleep at all since ive been here and who knows if she had slept before. i sigh and sit up on my cot. I stare at her across from me, her face looking so peaceful for once.

"Yeah..." i trail off, " Whats your name?" I turn to look at him.

"Rowan. I've seen you around. You work at the cafe. Was very shocked to see you here."

"He put a gun to my back. He actually shot me," I say, remembering how when i woke up i found no trace of being shot.

"What? Where? how long have you been here?" he sits up in his cot, eyeing me up and down, obviously looking for my wound.

"I've been here the same time as you. I was waiting for the bus going home and he came and sat next to me. he was asking me if I wanted to help with his..experiments. When i said no thanks he pulled out his gun and lured me to his car. I saw a chance to escape and took it but he shot me." I move towards the end of the cot, and slowly stand up.

"He shot me right here," I say pulling up my gown and pointing to the spot. The spot that is now smooth and scar free. Like nothing happened. Im sitting back on the cot, when we hear someone turn the knob to the room. This wakes up Mia who immediately sits up in her cot, wide awake. The door twists and turns for a couple seconds before opening.

The man stands at the entrance with a gun in his right hand and the set of keys in the other. He looks at each of us individually before focusing his eyes on me.

"You did good smart cookie," he says. "Now its time for the rest. Everyone up." He motions with his gun for us to stand up but no one moves.

"EVERY. ONE. UP" He growls. Literally.

I grit my teeth and slowly stand up. No point in making someone holding a gun angry. Rowan stands up as well and walks in front of me, Mia behind me, slowly breathing in and out. We walk out the door to the hallway and make a right. We walk all the way down until i realize we are making our way back to the room where he put wires on my head. We reach the room and he looks for the key. I glance around looking for an exit. There's nothing but doors in this hallway. The fluorescent lighting giving the hall a hospital-type look. One of these doors has to be an exit. The problem is finding a chance to look around.

We enter the room and everything looks the same. The man motions for us to sit on the chairs that are nailed to the floor. We head towards the chair when he steps forward and places his hand thats carrying the gun, on Mia's shoulders.

"Not, you. On the table." Mia whimpers and starts to shake severely. She obviously cant move out of fear. He shoves her towards the table and she starts to cry.

He raises the gun and and motions for Rowan and I to sit on the chairs.

"You," he says pointing to me, " tie him to the chair." I slowly move to Rowan who's sits on the chair and I start to tie the restraints on him. I tie them as loosely as possible, hoping that somehow if it comes down to it, he can wiggle out of them. I tie his feet next, doing the same thing. Then I stand up and move towards the other chair.

While I've been tying Rowan, the man has been tying Mia to the table. He comes to me and starts to put on my restraints, the gun placed on a table on the other side of the room.

"That hurts," i state, wincing in pain. He's tied my restraints way too tight.

"Too bad," he says, and moves on to Rowan checking his restraints. He glances at me and then back at the restraints & slowly shakes his head. I watch Rowan wince in pain as the man tightens them around his wrists and feet.

I glance at Mia and she looks scared to death. There  are tears streaming down her face and her lips are moving as if she's saying something. I realize she is praying.

"Its okay Mia, its not real, remember its not real!" I whispered loud enough for her to hear. she turns her heads to look at me, her eyes red and filled with fear.

The man walks towards me and i stiffen in fear. "Shut up." He says. I don't even get a chance to say anything before i am smacked across the face with the butt of his gun. I gasp and clench my fists as hard as i can. The pain was unlike any pain i have ever felt. A burning sensation on the right side of my face. Everything around me is blurry and i hear a loud beep noise in my ear. My eyes immediately water up and tears start falling. I cant help but to sob. It hurts so much. I am frozen. I slowly start to look back up and hear Mia crying hysterically. I open my mouth and immediately taste blood. 

"Dont say another word! You are going to fuck this up! Shut up!"he shouts. Its the first time he yells. He sighs and turns back to Mia. "And you, enough with the crying. If i wanted you dead, trust me, you'd be dead by now." He walks around the table she's laying on and stands in front of the monitor.  He begins to do what he did when i was on the table. Turning on the monitor and connecting wires to Mia's head. She's not sobbing anymore but her lip is quivering. 

"Alright, let us begin."