Kidnapped PT 2 Chapter 6

Alex POV

"Alright miss, you're all good to go." The ambulance worker helps me off the back of the van and squeezes my hand. I want to shout at him that I'm not safe here. I'm not all good to go. He's back. How hard I worked to forget that part of my life, and now with Mary missing, he comes back? At this exact moment? How cruel could the universe be?

I walk back to the doors, everyone gone now, and head up to my car. "Alex..please...don't freak out again. I'm not gonna hurt you." My heart starts racing again as I whirl around and meet eyes with him. I start walking backwards, raise my hand motioning for him to stand back.

"Get away from me!" I say, mad that my voice is shaky and not threatening. I struggle with my keys and manage to get in my car. He runs up to my window before I've had a chance to turn the car on. I can't look at him this close. I stare straight ahead, trying to put the key in the ignition.

"Alex please, I'm not my brother, please let me help you." He places his hand on the glass and I roll down the window just barely enough to be able to hear his voice.

"Help me with what?" I ask confused. I don't need his help. I got well all on my own. I can be within 10 feet of a man now and not be terrified. At least, I used to be able to. Right now, I feel like I'm going to have a heart attack.

"I can help you find Mary," he says.

"What?! You know where she is?! Where is she?!" I scream frantically. Does he have anything to do with her disappearance? Did he kidnap her to get to me? I feel anger rise up on me and I glance down at the steel baseball bat I carry with me in my car.

"No, I just saw the flyers when you ran into me, I can't imagine what you must be going through but please let me help you find her. Let me at least try to begin to make up for everything that happened."

"I don't need your help. We don't need anything from you. I'm fine now. Do you understand that? We got well all on our own." I put the car into drive and glance at him quickly before looking straight ahead again.

"Don't get me wrong," I say, " I appreciate what you tried to do for us in there, I know you tried to help us, you killed him trying to save me, but I can't even look at you. Especially not right now. You're his twin. I'm looking at him. All that was behind me, I was fixed." 

I feel the tears start to sting my eyes, and I take a deep breath. "I'm sorry, I have to find my sister. I hope you understand, but you and I can't be anything. Please don't look for me. I just need to find my sister." He opens his mouth to say something but I pull the window up and slowly start to drive away. I see him in my rear view mirror, staring at the car as I drive away. 

***

"I talked to the reporter, they're doing a coverage of Mary's disappearance. She...um..the police said they've got a search team. They're going all out, seeing as people don't usually go missing here." Jess sits down at the table, her eyes red, but I can tell she's trying her best not to cry. I, on the other hand can't seem to stop crying. My tears just silently fall.

Jess looks up and starts to speak again, " the officer did say something though, he said two others have been reported missing in the same area.  A boy was reported missing a day after Mary never came home. His name is Rowan Murphy, an 18 year old from the county next to us, and a 17 year old girl, Mia Campbell. She was reported missing last week, from the same county as the boy."

I stare at her in shock, and somehow manage to find a chair and sit down before I pass out again. "What does this mean? Could the same person that took those two, have taken Mary? "

"The police seem to think so, all three of them aren't the type of people to run off, they were all expected home." Jess sighs and leans back in her chair. She looks between Leslie and I and bites her lip. She looks down again and starts to playing with her thumb. She won't express how she feels no matter how hard I try. I know she's thinking about her own kidnapping experience and she must be overwhelmed with emotions.

There's no way I can tell her about him. Not today. Maybe not ever. I hope he listens to me and stays away.

"I have to..uh...I have to go," Leslie whispers, she squeezes her husbands hand, and walks out of the kitchen, her husband behind her.

"What are we going to? If something horrible is happening to Mary and we are here sitting on our asses, i don't know what I'll do." I sob.

"We are doing everything we can Alex. Hey, hey, stop," Jess walks over to me and puts her arms around me. "There's only so much we can do, we are working with the police and we are out here looking for her. We are going to find her. Alive. She's a fighter. She's so smart, Alex, please." I'm shaking and sobbing so hard, I'm so scared for her.

Some maniac has her hostage. What if he's worse than the psycho who took me? I can't bare to sit here and think that she's going through what Jess and I went through, or worse. This fear, this anxiety, it's worse than anything I've ever felt. My feelings are everywhere. Mary missing , and me running into him at this moment out of all the moments , it's too much.

I know Jess is right. Mary is so smart, street smart and book smart. I just hope she can outsmart this guy long enough to give us enough to time to find her.

As for who I ran into today, I'm scared. Why has the universe brought him back into my life? It's bad enough Mary could be going through what I did, but to have him in my mind now, remembering everything...it's the last thing I need.

Somehow, he just won't leave my mind now.

A/N: hey guys! Let me know what you think about the story so far, I'm making this up as I go, so sometimes I get stuck, bare with me :( comment and vote! Please! Thank you ❤️❤️