Kidnapped Pt 2 chapter 5

*this is unedited. Please excuse typos*

Mary POV

"Relax, this will not be painful...well, it won't be too painful," the old man chuckles.

I'm on the verge of passing out from my heavy breathing and frantic motions trying to helplessly get off the table I just put myself in. I can hear Mia crying hysterically, chanting "oh God" over and over. The old man walks to the table with the microscope on it and grabs a rolling table next to it. On the table is a machine that looks slightly like a radio because it has many knobs on it.

"Are you gonna electrocute me?" I ask, almost on the verge of laughing now because this is ridiculous and straight out of a movie. He glances at me and walks back to the big table not saying a word. He grabs another rolling table with another machine on it. This one looks like a mini computer. I lay still on the table and just watch him now. I've tired myself out. Once he's finished connecting these machines together, he walks to a cabinet on the wall and takes one of his millions keys to open it.

"You'll take this, and we can get started," he says, walking back with a cup in his hand. He walks up to me and takes his right hand and opens my mouth. I start to squirm in my chair and close my mouth but he forces me to keep my head still and pops two pills into my mouth.

"swallow these pills right now," he growls. I'm so scared I'm shaking. I have no idea what he's giving me and I don't know what these pills will do to me. In the midst of thrashing around, I accidentally swallow one, causing me to start to choke and swallow the other one. He takes a cup of water and puts it to my mouth. I drink the water and start to cry because this is it. I have no idea what he's just done to me.

He lets me go and starts to mess around with the machine next to him. I hear the soft hum of the machine as it turns on. He does the same to the next one and starts turning knobs on the device that looks like a radio. I'm clenching my hands in a fist so hard, they're shaking. I'm slowly starting to feel numb everywhere and very tired. Whatever he gave me is kicking in.

I'm in a bright room. There's a wall across from me with a small mirror just big enough for me to see my face. I walk towards it, not being able to control my actions. I stand in front of the mirror and stare at my reflection. My eyes look like a child's. My nose small, also like a child's. I feel my face contort in confusion. It's me. I can tell its me. But I know I am not a little child anymore. I continue to stare at my reflection, this child staring back at me blankly at first. Slowly, my face in the reflection begins to pout. Her eyes get misty like she's about to cry. On my side of the mirror, I start to feel scared. My palms are sweaty, and my breathing is quickening. My body feels like it's on fire and I can't move. I'm paralyzed. A tear rolls down the little girls eye. I blink and she's gone. It's my face. My adult face. I gain control of my body and turn around. The room is a long rectangular room, really bright, almost hurting my eyes. I look up and at the end of the room I see someone standing there, looking back at me. From where I'm standing I can see the person is big and tall. I don't feel scared. I feel like I know the person, I feel safe. I walk towards them but I still can't make out their face. As I get close enough to maybe see their face, they start to back away, and slowly they vanish, right before my eyes. Like a magic trick. I wonder if they were ever even there. I stand there, not knowing what to do. There's nothing here. I feel empty.

"Mary, are you okay?" I roll my head to the side, the voice making me want to throw up. I start to open my eyes and see a female in front of me. It's Mia. Her face is puffy from crying and her lip is bleeding from biting it so hard. I try to sit up and she helps me.

"Can I get some water?" I ask hoarsely. She hands me a plastic cup of water and I down the whole cup in seconds. My mouth feels so dry. I look around and observe the room. We are back in one of the rooms that I first woke up in except this one has better lighting. There's no operating table or tools. There's 3 beds or cots lined up against the wall. Mia is sitting in mine and a boy is sitting in the one farthest from us. He sits with his back against the wall, staring intently at me. His curly hair falls in his eyes but he doesn't move it away.

"What happened?" I ask. All I remember is trying not to fall asleep and a strange dream about a little girl and a tall figure.

"Do you remember your dream?" Mia asked.

"What? How do you know I dreamt something?" I asked, confused.

"We saw it. On the screen. Anything you were seeing, we saw it too. He was writing things down. Mumbling to himself. He said 'no fear, that's good' at one point." Her lower lip quivers and she looks like she's about to start crying again. I scratch my arm and look back at the boy.

"Did he say anything else? Like maybe what it meant? Did what he give me make me dream that?" I ask. Mia shakes her head and the boy leans his head back and closes his eyes. His hands rest, clasped together in his lap.

"He said we were next," Mia whispers. "What did it feel like? Did it hurt?"

I shake my head. "Just felt like a dream." I lie back in the cot and close my eyes. This is all bizarre. What is this man doing? What is his purpose? What the hell did my dream mean? If it even meant anything. I can't stop thinking about the figure. Or me as a little girl. Why was she crying? Why did I feel scared with her, but safe with the dark figure?

I feel Mia stand up and sit in her cot. She's crying again. The other boy looks like he's sleeping. I lay there, wondering what is in store for us, hoping someone has realized I'm missing and is looking for me.