Ch 15- That Huntress, Mourning

Emily layed there on her bed in the palace of Queen Victoria, motionless but not numb. On the inside she was hurting almost as bad as her injuries.

Sebastian layed beside, his arms wrapped around her waist and his hand holding hers, gently stroking her skin with his gloved thumb.

It was a few days ago, but the wound was still fresh in her heart.

**********************

Sebastian carried Emily down the stone roads, her head against his shoulder and her arms around his kneck, holding her bridal style.

They were trying to catch up with the rest of the group, but Sebastian didn't want to move too fast with her in his arms. He'd hurt her enough tonight.

Sebastian's tail coat was still on her, keeping the top half of her body warm and covered, but her legs were pulled in against Sebastian. They were going to have a fun time explaining this to everyone who didn't know that they were under contract.

Emily could only hope Ciel had kept his promise and not told anyone.

They both heard the talking before they saw everyone.

Sebastian stopped around the corner of a brick building so they could listen.

"It is as I told you. We were waiting at the Opera Populaire as told, when a vampire and a demon attacked us. Emily got me out of the auditorium and told me to find everyone else, giving me this flashlight so I could see," they heard Ciel explain with the slight clanking of plastic as he held up the flashlight. "I knew I could not be of any help, so I left. Last time I saw them, the demon had gotten behind Emily and attacked her from behind. I did not want to see what happened next."

Emily felt a smile creep up her face, quickly wiping off when Sebastian went around the corner. She let herself go limp, as if she didn't want to be carried by him, before they came into view.

It was a sight for everyone to see Sebastian round the corner with a half naked, blood dripping Emily in his arms, large spots of blood on his white shirt from where he'd held her against him in the Opera Populaire. The blood on his vest blended in the crimson color.

"Oh my God! Emily!" Jasmine exclaimed, she and everyone else in their family running forward except for Anderson and Maxwell, who'd had their backs to the group until now.

Sebastian noticed that Carson, Garret, and Gerard were missing. He looked behind where Anderson and Maxwell were standing and quickly averted his gaze, not want Emily to notice and follow it.

Emily sat up in Sebastian's arms, making a disgusted face at him for holding her like he was.

Sebastian saw the look and, whispering an apology beforehand, dropped her on the ground at his feet.

"You ass hole!"  Alison acted, looking up at him as she and Jasmine sat beside their elder sister.

"I am fine," Emily said, waving off the offered hands that tried to help her up. She almost fell back as she stood, Claude and Alucard seeing his hands almost reach out and help her up, but stopped himself.

Alucard raised a brow at this, but said nothing.

Emily righted herself and stood up straight, careful not to reveal anything she would not want people to see. She saw the expressions on everyone's faces.

"What is the matter? What happened?" Emily asked.

"Why were you carrying her, demon? From what I understand, your kind are not too fond of hunters," Maxwell stated, avoiding her questions.