Ch 11- The Huntress, Final Song

*When the words are not bold or italicized, that usually means they're talking. However, for Meg, since her voice isn't as grand as everyone else's, her's will always be in regular text. But, considering she sings most of the time in the scene, there shouldn't be too much confusion if you don't know anything about the sequel. Just so there is any confusion, I'll out this * next to her line when she's talking or a double ** when she talks then sings.*

The evening started out like it should have during the performance week, considering this would be their final performance of Love Never Dies, but not a one thought the evening would go the way it did.

The final song is when things turned for the worse.

*************************

Meg dragged young Gustave down the dock, heading toward the pier, her hand gripping his tightly.

[GUSTAVE]
Please Miss Giry,
I want to go back;
I want my mother

Meg didn't seem to be listening, however. She stared off into space, stuck in her own little world.

[MEG]

'The world is hard,

the world is mean

It's hard to keep your conscience clean'

Gustave tried to grip the side of the iron railings, but Meg continued to drag him on.

"Please! You're hurting me!" Gustave cried.

[MEG]

'The sea is calm,

the sea is grey,

It washes everything away'

"I can't swim!" Gustave pleaded.

"Don't worry, it's almost over," Meg smiled as she cupped Gustave's face in her hands and continued on.

[MEG]

'Sink into the deep,

Blue, and cool, and kind

Then, drift off to sleep;

Let the past unwind

Leave the hurt behind.'

"Gustave!" they heard a worried feminine voice shout.

Gustave and Meg turned toward the voice to see Christine, Phantom, and Madame Giry running toward them.

"Mother!" Gustave cried, trying to run to her.

"No, I'm not done yet!" Meg said worriedly as she pushed Gustave behind her, holding a hand out in front of her to stop their advancing.

Gustave had to grip the railing to keep from falling into the sea.

"Let go of the boy, now!" Phantom said, enraged.

"Not another step!" Meg warned.

"Let go of him, girl. Or, I promise you, I'll--" Phantom tried to warn back.

"Not another word!" Meg interrupted.

[Meg]

'Always wondered how to make you watch,

Well watch me now!'

Meg stood up straight, her anger fading as memories flooded her mind.

Phantom had a black gloved hand stretched out toward her, as if her were pleading with her, even though she was at least ten feet away.