Unloved | Lucy + Myles

Hey, guys, this one shot is not connected to the others and any future ones won't be connected either. It's about my two OCs, one is suffering depression and questioning her worth. Trigger warning to anyone who doesn't like talking about depression and self-harm. Thanks xx

BTW TO ALL THE BRYLES FANS, DO NOT WORRY! MYLES IS MY OC, THIS IS SET IN THE SHOW. I LOVE BRYLES TOO MUCH TO DO THAT TO YOU

LUCY'S POV

EVEN AFTER DANCING at The Next Step for nine years, I still felt like I didn't belong. I was just an extra so they could dance at competitions. I was just another dancer in the A-Troupe photo every year behind a clean sheet of glass on Miss Kate's desk. Miss Kate didn't care. I was just another A-Trouper that Chris taught. Chris didn't care. I was just Riley and Emily's roommate, who was dancing to escape everything. My teammates only hung around me because I was an extra. The only people I think care about me in the slightest are James, Riley, Emily and Myles. Sure, I was a part of the E-girls while it lasted, but they could laugh without me. All I wanted to do was live my dream and actually belong to this dance family, but that goal seemed a million miles away. I was too short, too fat, I'm not flexible enough. I could list a million things wrong with me. Every smile seems fake and every hug seems forced, every encouragement was just so we would win and every compliment was a lie.

"Lucy, are you okay?" Riley asks concerned. Riley and Emily are the older sisters I wish I had.

"Sure, why do you ask?" I smile fakely as Giselle, Michelle, Chloe, and Richelle hug me.

"You seemed tired during dance practice. I wanted to see if you were okay." She replies unconvinced.

"I'm okay." I hop up and grab a drink. I was sweating like crazy, but I couldn't take my jumper off, I was wearing a cropped shirt because I forgot to put the wash on. I head to the Music Room to see Stephanie, Emily, Amanda and Thalia.

"Girlie, how are you?" Amanda hugs me and I smile.

"I'm good." Stephanie frowns in concern.

"Lucy, Sweetie. I think you should take your jumper off. You're sweating like crazy." Thalia feels my head.

"You're going to feel sick if you don't," Emily smiles. "We can't have our favourite Girlie being sick." I knew the smiles were fake. I pretend to check the time on my phone.

"Oh shoot, I forgot I have duet practice with Myles." I run out of the music room before they could reply and head to Studio B. I find Myles, Noah, James, Hunter, Eldon and West goofing around.

"I just really want to fit in." The guys imitated each girl.

"James is always trying to get with all the girls and I'm not falling for it." I try to suppress a giggle as James shoves West.

"Don't even worry about it." I impersonate James.

"Lucy-Lou!" James ruffles my hair as the boys all chuckled.

"How's my favourite A-Troupe princess doing?" Myles kisses my forehead and I blush.

"I was wondering if you wanted to practice, but you seem a bit busy." I giggle.