01.

[ hey, so this is the first chapter of darks back. if you haven't read the first book yet, i suggest that you do. it's on my account; nothing will make sense if you don't read in order. there's also a little trailer on the side if you want to check that out. thanks, enjoy:)xoxo ]

//01.

Kylie.

I shoved my body back into my bed and groaned softly. I don't want to get up. I don't even do shit because I'm pregnant. There's nothing to do without Jason.

Speaking of Jason, I haven't gotten any calls from him. He promised. It's been more than seven months and he still hasn't called me, sent me texts, sent me notes, e-mailed me, nothing. I've learned not to trust anyone, or make promises because of that. I just hope he's okay. I should have never let him leave.

But on the other hand, nothing really changed. Ralph and Sam are actually getting married soon, and Dylan has a girlfriend, who's also my best friend now, Kayla. Then there's this new addition. Kaleb McCann. Ralph brought him home with us from New York. It's Jason's other brother. I don't like him one bit. He's a pig, and he's rude. He acts somewhat like Jason.

"Kylie!" a voice pulled me from my thoughts."What?!" I spat. It was Kaleb. "Ralph needs you to run to the store and grab more beer, we're out." he explained as he leaned against my door. I shot up from the bed and started to make my way downstairs.

"More like you want beer." I mumbled as I was walking downstairs. "The fuck did you say?" he flared. "You're lucky that I'm almost out of my pills and I need to go," I replied back to him. "That's right, bitch. How's that rape baby?" he spoke under his breath, but I heard him. I turned around and kneed him in the balls, which probably wasn't the best thing to do, being pregnant. "Call me that again, and ask me how my rape baby is one more time, and I'll replace my knee with a bullet." I spat.

He groaned in pain but before I could leave, he grabbed my wrist and spun me back around to look at him. "Just get my fucking beer." he growled, tightening his grip on my wrist. I glared at him and ripped my wrist from his grip.

I stormed out of the house and made my way to the old maroon van.

JASON'S POV

I walked into the store with MacAvoy, Michale, and Luke. The plan was to get in, and grab the money, but I needed to get something else. Bandages and pills. "Be right back," I told them

I needed bandages and pills because at the airport, on our way back, Michale shot one of the officers and they thought it was me, so they stabbed me. Lucky me. 

I started walking towards the medical isle. Once I was there, I saw a girl standing at the end of the isle, looking for something too. She had long brown hair and hazel eyes. She wore a white sweater with grey pants a black boots. And over her sweater, my old hoodie?...

It wasn't just a hoodie. I knew that it was mine because on the back it read "McCann" in bold red letters.

"Where did you get that sweatshirt from?" I asked her, walking closer. Her eyes started to get watery and she dropped the pills she was holding in her hands. "Jason?" she trembled.

"My name isn't Jason," I paused. "It's Dark." "What do you-?"

Before she could finish her sentence, gun shots ran through my ears. The girl got down on her knees and plugged her ears with her fingers. That's when I realized she wasn't just sensitive, she was pregnant.

I grabbed her arms and stood her up. I looked around for an exit. Then, before I could find one, the gun shots stopped.

"You need to go. Now." I told her. "But Jason, you're back.." she continued trembling. "Listen, I don't know who you are, but you need to leave," I explained. "What?" she looked at me confused, "That's not funny." "I only came back because my brother said it was time to come home. I don't know who you are, and I don't want to. I cam back for Ralph and the others only." I explained.

She continued to tear up and look around. She got onto her tip-toes and looked over the isles. She started to stomp over to Michale. "You sick bastard!" she yelled, slapping him across the face. He grabbed her hand and bent it back, his eyes burning into hers. "Dark," he started. "Take her to Ralph." he ordered. I looked over at her. She had tears in her eyes, still, and her hand looked like it was in pain.

I nodded my head and took her hand away from Michale.

I walked out of the store and made my way to my black van. I opened it up and shoved her into it, shutting the door. "Be careful," she hissed as I got into the other side of the van. I rolled my eyes.

Her shaky fingers held onto my hoodie that she was still wearing. She then laid her hands on her stomach, sniffling.

I kinda felt bad to be honest. I don't understand why, but it feels like I care for her more than I do others. If she says that she knows me, and I don't know her, it means she's lying, or Michale and MacAvoy have been doing some shit to me.

"Can I turn the heat on?" she sighed, pointing at the controls on the van. I took my eyes off the road and turned the heat on for her. She nodded as a way to say thank you. I nodded back and then continues to look at the road. "So, how come...you don't know me, but you know Ralph?" she asked. "I don't know, but I'm trying to figure out the same thing." I spoke, no emotion in my voice whatsoever.

Once we got to the house, I saw two men in the front yard holding each other at gun point.

I looked at them and got out of the van slowly. "Dylan, Jacob," I started. "Don't play with guns." I chuckled as I fully got out of my van.

Their jaws dropped, and I gave them a famous McCann grin.

I looked back at the girl and made sure she was out of my van, then made my way to the house.

"You know, I forgot my van at the store.." she told me. "It's alright, I'll get it later." I promised.

"Ralph!" I yelled as I walked into the house with the girl. A tall man with brown hair and hazel eyes walked into the room. "Dark...?"