Joining Forces

After we all regained our wits, I realized that we were in over our heads.  Before today, I thought that the Academy had prepared me for any situation I might encounter.  Now I know better. 

"Sean, call Dr. Roberts and ask if he and his team can keep watch on Miss Sorensen for the next four hours.  Victor, I need for you to prepare this room for a large scale meeting."  I had disregarded Officer Calderone's offer for assistance on this case this morning, but now I am quite certain that we are going to need all of the help that we can get.

"Mr. Blackbourne, are we calling in the Toma team?  I know that they owe us a few favors."  Victor had his hand poised to make the call if I confirmed.

"Not at this time, Mr. Morgan.  We will be calling in Officer Calderone and her team, as they have already offered assistance and have been apprised of a bit of this situation."

I pinched the bridge of my nose, trying to ward off the headache that was creeping in. 

"Are you sure about that, Owen?" Sean asked me, "I'm not sure I want an all bird team anywhere near this.  They could be at risk."  He had a point, but right now our options were limited.

"Don't let anyone on Rosie's team hear you say that," Luke joked,  "they could all kick your ass, Doc."  It wasn't said with his usual glee, but at least we are finding our feet again after opening that box.

"Sean, I share your concerns, but frankly, all four ladies on the Reese team are more than capable of taking care of themselves.  The Toma team is currently dealing with a family situation and shouldn't be approached until they can resolve their issues."

I sent out a message to my brothers, calling for an Academy level family meeting in one hour.  I trusted they would all be here.  I opened up a text to Rosie Reese.

Owen Blackbourneseashell

Rosie Reese: Russia

Owen BlackbourneIn regards to this morning's offer, my team would like to meet in one hour to discuss and plan a joint operation.  There are new and alarming facts that have surfaced and require more than my team alone. 

Rosie ReeseThat's because you don't have any birds working with you, Owen ;)  Shannon has been really worried about the girl.  You can count us in.  Jen is on assignment until tomorrow afternoon, but Nicia and I will be there.  Gotta check with Shannon to see if she can make it. 

Owen BlackbourneWe will be meeting at my residence.  Please arm yourselves and be alert to possibility of encounters.  Thank you.

***

The afternoon was spent with Kota and Gabriel, and for about an hour, North.  He said that he had to go and help Silas and Nathan with something, and I was sad to see him go.  Gabriel insisted on washing my hair, and Kota used that time to run to his house to grab a few things.  I felt bad for keeping them here, but I can't seem to bring myself to tell them to leave me.

"Oi, Trouble, I'm claiming your hair."  I'm not really sure how to respond to him.  Is it normal for friends to do that?  Are we friends?  I've never had a friend before. I looked to Kota for guidance, but he just smiled and shrugged and went back to sorting through the books he'd brought back.

"Um, Meanie, I'm not exactly sure what you mean?"  Great.  I didn't want that to come out as a question, but I also haven't ever had this much social interaction. Ugh.

Gabriel chopped me lightly on the back of the head and shushed me.  "It means that I forbid you from allowing anyone else to fucking touch this," he held up a handful of my hair, "except maybe you if I'm not around."  I giggled as he twisted that section of my long, dirty blonde hair and put it above his lips like a really bad mustache and wagged his eyebrows at me.  He seemed really happy that he had claimed my hair, and began to hum while he was brushing it out.  His voice was unreal. He wasn't even trying and it was amazing.  Deep and smooth.