Epilogue

8 years later, Maya's point of view:
"Mommy, where are the goggles?"
Penelope asks me, swimming up to the edge of the pool.
"They're in the bag. Here."
I reply, tossing her a pair. "Can I have the other ones too? Pluto doesn't have his." She continues, Riley and farkle's six year old paddling up to the edge with Penelope.
"Sure sweetie," I chuckle, fishing out another pair from my bag. I'm surprised that Riley and farkle's kid didn't have his own goggles, I mean, we're swimming in their pool. Farkle discovered some crazy science thing, that I'm not even going to begin to try to understand, so now him and Riley (who also has made it big as an author, writing a bestselling romance novel) are living in this great mansion with a pool. The two of them are like the power couple of the world. Me and Lucas live in the same New York apartment, but we're visiting them for the week.
"Hey short stack."
I look up to see Lucas, who approaches wearing swim trunks with two lemonades in his hands. He hands one to me and sits.
"Thanks huckleberry." I smile, watching the two little ones play in the pool. Of course Riley is in with them, a purple bikini on, having a splash fight. I chuckle, seeing Riley ask Farkle to join.
"No, riles, I'm sorry. I'm the bartender."
Farkle jokes, standing by the cooler full of lemonades.
"Come on, you know you want to!"
She laughs, Penelope and Pluto laughing too. Riley whispers something to them and they laugh harder.
"Ready, three, two, one!" Riley yells, and on one, the three splash Farkle, soaking him. Or at least Riley does. The other two are so little, they kinda just soak his legs.
"Oh you guys are asking for it!"
Farkle laughs, cannon ball jumping into the pool with a big splash. They all erupt in laughter, splashing each other.
"Hey, that looks fun!"
Lucas smiles, standing and looking to me.
"Oh, no way. I'm on goggles and sunscreen duty." I say, getting up from the lawn chair and backing away, Lucas slowly pacing towards me.
"Not a choice, shortstack!"
He yells, running at me and sweeping me off my feet, running over and throwing me into the pool. As soon as I'm in, he jumps in after me, the others laughing hysterically. We splash each other more, laughing and having a blast. And since the day she was proposed too,
The broken hart was mended.
Aaah I cri! The end! Thank you guys so much for reading, I appreciate every last one of you. My new lucaya fanfic will hopefully have chapter one out by tomorrow. In the new fanfic, Riley's brother Lucas comes to stay with Riley, but Maya, Riley's roommate, has to deal with him too. The last time maya saw him, he was a pimple covered geek. Now, years later, will he be different? Please stay tuned!
💋💋💋