Ice skating

Maya's point of view:
I wake up the next day, my memory of the previous night making me smile. I sit up, a groggy mess and go into the bathroom, still in my pj's. I begin brushing my hair and getting ready until I smell... Bacon? I finish my makeup and get dressed, and walk into the kitchen where I see Lucas, in sweats and a tee frying bacon. There is a stack of pancakes on the table, and two place settings. "What's all this?" I say, sitting at one of the settings. "Oh, hey! Good morning! I just thought I'd make some breakfast, as a thank you for the hospitality. And hey. I'm a pretty good cook, too." He smiles, turning back to the pan of sizzling bacon. "Hey, no need to thank me for hospitality in your house." I say, getting out the orange juice. He laughs, taking out the bacon with a pair of tongs, putting the pieces on a plate and joining me on the table. "You know what would be fun?" He says, biting into a piece of bacon. "Huh." I reply, with a mouthful of pancakes. "Ice skating. It's the perfect weather." He says, pointing to the window, where the clouds are grey and it's 25 degrees Fahrenheit outside. "You kidding? We'd be freezing!" I reply, shuddering. "Aw, come on! It's such a winter-y thing to do! And hey, it's one of my days off. It'll be fun, just dress warm." He replies, crossing his arms and smiling. "Fine, huckleberry! I'll go." I laugh, still with restraint. He does a fist pump, causing me to roll my eyes, chuckling.
Lucas's point of view:
"Are you ready yet?" I yell into Maya's room. She's been in there for like ten minutes, all she's doing is changing. "Yeah, just need to find my slip on shoes, since I'll be changing into ice skates." She yells from behind the door.
"Found them!" She yells, the door opening. Wow, she looks gorgeous! She's wearing a winter coat, ugg boots, black leggings, and a white beanie. But she still looks so... Pretty. Wait. Snap out of it, you're just friends. "Uhm... Huckleberry? You haven't said anything! Let's go!" She says, heading towards the door. "Yeah, right. Okay let's go." I say, adjusting my beanie and heading out the door behind her.
Maya's point of view:
"Fuck it's cold!" I say as we go to get skates. The stand is outdoors, and the rink is practically empty, due to the cold weather. Lucas looks at me and gasps, placing a hand on his chest. "No! Really? I'm smoldering!" He says sarcastically as I roll my eyes and he chuckles. I have to say he looks really cute, wearing a fitted jacket, a scarf, black jeans and a black beanie that just rests atop his short dirty blonde hair. Wait, no. Snap out of it! He's your friend. Your roommate. Don't start feeling things, I think as Lucas hands me a pair of sized six white skates. We sit on a bench outside the Central Park rink and begin to put on our skates. "Damn! You have tiny feet!" Lucas laughs as I take off my uggs. I scoff. "Hey I'm 5'0! Any bigger would be creepy." I say, tying my skate. He chuckles. As we finish, I try to stand, but fall into the wall of the rink. "Woah, slow down there, cowgirl." Lucas says, standing up with ease and putting his arm around me. "Why are you so good at this?" I scowl, holding him for balance. He looks down and shrugs. "I dunno. I'm athletic." He says, as if it's no big deal. I roll my eyes, and open the gate to the rink, and Lucas swoops in ahead of me. "Uh... Rude! You totally just cut me off! Why'd ya do that?" I say, brows furrowed. I begin to make my way onto the ice, and immediately fall, Lucas catching me. "That's why." He chuckles, me laughing as well. I don't get up for a moment, and look into his hazel eyes, our faces kissing distance apart. He has really pretty eyes. He suddenly clears his throat and pushes me back up, breaking the moment. His face looks very flushed all of a sudden, but I tell myself it's due to the cold. "Hey, what's that?" He asks, looking down to my chest. "What?" I say looking down. He pulls out a lock of my hair from under my coat's collar to reveal a small white flake attached to my blonde hair. We both look up to see more flakes fall from the sky. I grin in delight, snow now in my eyelashes. "Yay!" Lucas exclaims, sticking out his tongue to catch snowflakes.. More evidence that he is a doof. I laugh, attempting to skate again, but having a hard time maintaining balance. Lucas looks back down and smiles rushing to me, putting his arm around me again, helping me stay upright. "Penelope, oh Penelope. It's not so hard!" He laughs, me grimacing. "Don't call me that!" I scowl, hating my middle name. Too girly. He laughs. "Aww, the short stack is getting fired up!" He continues, laughing at my pouting. "Lucas, just stop!" I say, scuttling away from his arms. He catches up to me with ease. Stupid short legs. "Hey, Maya, I was just kidding. I'm sorry. You know you can't run away from me. I played college baseball and I'm six feet tall." He chuckles, putting his arm around me again. "Yeah, I get it. You're a jock." I say, brushing him off. "Maya, what-" I cut him off. "Just, leave me alone." I say, and "skate" of the rink. This time, he doesn't try to follow me, just stands there, a hurt look in his eyes. His gorgeous, hazel eyes. As I leave the rink, I feel tears come to my eyes. I wipe them away, thinking that it's a stupid thing to cry about, but I just don't want to be a little short stack of pancakes. I go into the nearest bathroom, crying. Of all the people. Lucas. I didn't think he would do this, tease me. Usually I'd be fine, but he called out my biggest insecurity. I blow my nose and try to get myself together. I splash water in my face, and hear the door open and close. Probably just another person... Please don't talk to me... "Maya? Well yes, if it isn't Maya hart!" I hear a mans voice. I look in the mirror to see... Josh. "What do you want, asshole?" I say, sniffling and turning around. "Oh... Why the long face, hart? I just came to... Chat!" He says, edging closer to me. "Stay away. Just leave me alone!" I say, backing into a corner. "You know, I always regretted cheating on you. Such a waste of a body..." Josh says, looking me up and down. "But you never put out... Why not try you out now?" He says, and pushes me up against the wall. I struggle, but he has a strong hold on me. I scream, him tearing off my coat, under which I'm just wearing a tee. I struggle more, and he slaps me, hard in the face. "Stop struggling, bitch!" He says, pulling my shirt off and unhooking my bra. I try to hold it up but he pins my hands down. I scream again, struggling more. He slaps me again, harder that before. I begin to sob, not knowing what to do. I continue to scream, him pulling at my leggings. I scream for help, him about to take off the last of my clothes, when the door is pushed open. "GET OFF OF HER!" I hear, and Lucas pulls josh off of me, and punches him in the face, josh falling to the ground with blood gushing out his nose. Lucas rushes to me, sees my naked upper body and looks around for my jacket, but as he picks it up, sees that it is pretty much torn in half. He puts my tee on me, and takes off his jacket for me to wear. I continue to cry, as he pulls me into a hug. "It's okay. You'll be okay." He says, rubbing my back, and putting his coat around me. I pull him back into the hug, sobbing into his chest. "Thank you Lucas, thank you." I say, snuggling closer to him. He pulls me in again, continuing to rub my back. "It's okay Maya. You're welcome. I'm here, okay? I'll always be here. I promise."
Lucas's point of view:
We walk back into our apartment, Maya's cheeks are still covered in tear stains. I can't get rid of this stupid Texas-Lucas feeling. I just take one look at her and want to go beat the living crap out of josh. My eyes are a bit red too, because I started crying as well. I felt so dumb, not manly at all. But I couldn't help it... Seeing her like that... All shaky and naked, I couldn't bear it. "Are you sure you're okay?" I ask, Maya going into the bathroom to get ready for bed. I walk in with her, and under the light of the bathroom, I see a huge bruise on her face, covering her whole cheek. "Oh my god, Maya! I could kill that guy! You are not okay! Come on, I'm gonna get you some ice, okay? Turn on the tv, whatever." I say, pushing a lock of hair behind her ear. "Okay... Thanks again Lucas. I hate that you have to see me like this." Maya sniffles, sitting on the floor next to the tv and putting in a James Bond movie, hitting play and sitting on the couch with a blanket. I chuckle. "James bond?" I say, filling a plastic bag with ice. "It's my favorite!" She says, resting her cheek on her hand but then wincing, remembering her bruise. "Here." I say, handing her the ice, and joining her on the couch. She leans on my chest, me putting my arm around her. It's weird how the boundaries we had kinda just slipped away once there was the incident. But I like it. I like her. And I'm glad she's safe.
Hey guys! Sorry, again for short chapters. Do you think this was too intense? I enjoyed writing this. Tell me what you think! 💋