Chapter 13: Headache

When I arrive back at the motel, I decide to sit in the impala for a bit, my mind racing. Not long after I pull up, though, the boys all come running out, a look of panic in their eyes.

Sighing, I climb out. Dean rushes up to me and places his hands on my shoulders. "Are you okay? You've been gone for hours."

Back at the house, Zen had told me everything. Apparently, much like Emma, my mother and Derek's mother were both angel spawns. Which means that I'm an abomination. And that this child that I am carrying is also an abomination.

I didn't tell Zen about my baby. I feel like he wouldn't have let me leave. But I have a feeling he already knows. He seems to know quite a bit.

"I'm fine," I say.

Dean pulls me into his arms, surprising me. "Don't make me panic like that kid," he says. "You had all of us on the edge of ours seats."

I sigh and push him away. "I know," I say. "I'm sorry."

After Zen had finished telling me everything, I had so many questions. And then even when we were done, I just sat in that living room. Eventually, Emma had come in and we talked for a bit, but mostly we just sat in silence. After a little bit, a demon came to Emma and escorted her away. A shiver goes down my back at the thought of what they might be doing to her.

"I saw Emma," I say and they all freeze. Dean had been walking back to the motel but quickly stopped and turned around.

"What?"

"I found the house. The one where they are keeping her," I say. "I went up and knocked. They let me in. Told me everything. And then let me leave."

Dean glares at me now. "Are you crazy?" He asks. I roll my eyes, not really in the mood for an argument. My head is hurting with all of this new information and all I want to do is climb into bed.

"You could have gotten yourself killed," Dean continues, but I ignore him and walk to my room. I huff when I hear him follow me. He places his hand on the door before I could shut if behind me. I walk over and sit on the bed, my mind reeling. Do I tell them?

"But I didn't," I say.

He shakes his head, fury in eyes. "That doesn't matter, Carter," he says. "You said you were going to the grocery store."

"And I was," I say. "But I got a little off-task."

"We deliberately told you that we weren't going to do anything," he says. "Is that why you really wanted to take the car? So that you could go find her?"

"It was an accident that I found the place," I say. "And if you would shut up for two seconds, then maybe you would like to know what they all told me while I was there."

Dean glares, but Sam walks up behind him. "Dean," he says. "She's right. We need to listen to her. Obviously they just let her go, so maybe things aren't as bad as we think it is."

I laugh at this. "Oh, trust me," I say. "It is so much worse."

Dean's expression falls into one of worry. "What?"

I sigh and lean back. "Emma," I say. "She's... Not well."

"What are they doing to her?"

I look down, tears forming in the corners of my eyes. "That's the thing," I say. "They aren't torturing her. She's just... Given up."

"Given up?"

I nod and tell them everything, barely managing to make it all the way through without sobbing my eyes out. When I'm done, though, Dean takes me into his arms and I cry into his shoulder. "She looked so sad," I say. "And when I told her that we were there for her, she looked surprised. As if she doesn't deserve to be saved."

Dean rubs my back and I look up to Sam and Michael. "What are we going to do? She's not going to leave with us. At least, not willingly."

"They just let you in?" Michael asks and I nod, rubbing my tears away with my hands. "Then why don't we just go knock on the door?"

Dean looks to Sam who looks at me. "Carter," Sam says. "Did you tell them about..." He trails off, gesturing to my stomach.

I shake my head. "No," I say. "And if he already knew, he didn't say anything. But I do know one thing." I take a shaky breath as they all watch me. "I can't give this baby up. It's... and abomination. Like me."

"Don't say that," Dean says. "And maybe things are different. Just because your parents were half angel doesn't necessarily mean that you guys caught their Grace."

"Can't we just ask Castiel?" I say, thinking back to the angel.

Dean shakes his head. "Cas has gone off to do other things. He won't answer to us, so I guess we are on our own."

"Damn," I say. Taking another deep breath, I look up to the man I consider my father. "I need some sleep. It's been a long day and my head is killing me."

Dean gives me one last hug before standing up. "Alright," he says. "Well, we'll see you in the morning, then."

I smile as they all leave. I sit there for a moment longer before I stand up and start getting ready for bed. Once under my blankets, I toss and turn for a couple hours before I am finally able to close my eyes and drift off.

A/N

Hey, guys! Sorry that this update is so short! I'm having a moment of writer's block, but I wanted to get something small up since it's been awhile since I've updated.

So, The Hunter's Daughter just hit 19k views! That's so awesome! Thank you all so much for reading. I really appreciate it. And to everyone who has commented, thank you! A lot of your comments have made me laugh and I like hearing your thoughts and interacting with you guys!

I just want to quickly say that I will be moving back to school next week on the 18th. Classes will begin again on the 22nd, which means updates will start coming out really slow. I want to update whenever I have the chance, but I am taking a lot of classes this semester and will be working, so I'm not going to be able to get one a whole lot. But I will when I can!

Also, I'm super excited because tomorrow is my 19th birthday! I'm not really doing a lot since 19 isn't really a big deal, but I think it's crazy that tomorrow I will be 19 and then next year I will be turning 20! I don't even want to think about that.

But yeah. I just wanted to give you all a heads up on that. I'm not sure if I will be updating again before I move back to school because I have to pack and get everything ready, but I want to try my hardest. It will probably just be another short update like this :)

Okay. I'm done rambling. Thank you all so much for reading and voting!

XOXO

Miranda