Chapter 6: Zen

"Will this really work?" I ask Dean as he begins to summon Emory, the demon that had possessed me all those months ago.

He nods. "Yep," he says. "Once she's here, make it quick, okay? Linger too long and she'll probably suspect something."

I nod back and watch as Dean finishes setting up. "Have the others found anything about my mother yet?" I ask. According to Dean, Emory had said there was something special in my mothers bloodline. She had been adopted by two other hunters, so that meant looking into her family history became a lot harder than it should have. I just wished they had told me all of this sooner.

"Not that I know of," he says. "But we will let you know the moment we find out. Now, I'm going to summon her. Once she's here I'm leaving the room. Just shout if you need anything."

"Okay," I say, taking a deep breath. "I'm ready." I'm actually nervous as all hell. I'm not looking forward to this. I've never made a deal with a demon until today.

Dean says a series of words that I don't understand, something that he'll have to teach me in the future. When he is done, Emory stands before us without so much as a blink.

"Winchesters," she says, a smirk on her face. I can't help but shutter at how the human she is possessing looks so much like me.

"Emory," I say, taking another deep breath. Dean squeezes my shoulder and walks back up the stairs where everyone else waits.

"Oh," Emory says, sarcasm licking each of her words. "Daddy isn't going to stay and hold your hand?"

I roll my eyes. "Cut the crap, demon. Your business is with me and me only."

She raises an eyebrow and crosses her arms. "Oh, really? Then what is our business, cupcake?"

"You killed Derek," I say. "Why?"

She laughs. "Oh, honey. I didn't kill Derek."

"Then who did?"

"Zen," she says. "He's kind of the one running this whole shebang."

I blink, suddenly confused. No one ever mentioned to me about Zen, whoever this demon was. This really changes things.

"I want to make a deal with you," I say, my heart pounding. Dean was going to kick my ass for this, but if Emory isn't the demon responsible for Derek's death and everything else, then I find that I have no other choice.

She gives a sinister laugh. "Oh, Winchester. You want to make a deal with me?"

I nod. "Yes," I say. "I'll let you take me to this Zen without a fight."

She smirks. "And what do you get in return?"

"Information," I say. "You tell us all we need to know about my mom and what makes our bloodline so special."

"Did they not tell you, princess? I don't know what makes you so special."

"That's a load of crap," I say. "If you didn't know, you wouldn't be interested in me at all, now would you?"

She glares at me. "Does Daddy know about this little scheme of yours?"

"Dean doesn't know anything about our little deal," I say. It's only a half lie. Dean thought I came down here to get the demon to give us information in return for never harming her.

"I didn't mean Dean," she says with a smirk. I can't help but grimace, causing her to laugh. "I take you to Zen for the lovely price of information?"