The Royal Thrive - Chapter 30 - Bloodline

Start from the beginning

I knew it from the moment I saw Zero’s memories from before. Me and him and all the wolves in here are the same, and it is the very reason that we’re the same that he holds the same ability as me. Telekinesis. Creating a shield around them they were able to reflect that impact of that explosion. “So it seems you have recognised yourself” Holding out his hand for me to take Nathan holds me back shaking his head softly but I can’t. I can’t just not find the answer. From the very start I knew there was something off about me, only royals were able to wield powers like Telekinesis, or manipulate nature elements. Though I chose to ignore them, why? That’s because I never thought much about it. Being different to everyone else sometimes isn’t a good thing but a bad thing. I just didn’t want to stand out. 

Grabbing hold of Zero’s hand he pulls me up and the moment he pulled me up I was suddenly standing in a area of light. We still held hands, “This is an empty dimension, a space created by my mind. Only you and I will be here” Zero smiles as he let’s go of my hand. “You came back because you wanted an answer right?” Nodding slowly and surely Zero chuckles whilst crossing his arms. 

“Along time ago, unlike in the present time where there is four major packs, they used to be split in small groups of wolves. There was no such thing as a pack because people never really knew what a pack meant. Even though there was positions such as Alpha’s and Beta. The werewolf society was a mess, it was because the royals didn’t know how to contain or control these wolves. They were weak even though they were granted with the most amount of power. This continued for many years until a new king after many generations ascended the throne. You can say he was a very clever man, he had all the ideas of how to create the werewolf society a better place. So he had help from a future elder wolf and a another wolf that he entrusted with his life - you might know this future elder wolf he’s the current minister of the palace as well as the current elder wolf. Sebastian the elder wolf” 

Pausing Zero wanted to make sure I was following and once nodding to him ensure I was on track he continues. “Sebastian you can say was the light that helped to guide the king, whilst the other wolf whom lead a large group of blood related wolves worked in the shadows for the king. Secretly trying to bring all the packs together through harsh battles and alliances, one of the many reasons why the King’s plan went so well is because he was able to see that wolf that worked in the shadows with him was of a royal bloodline. Not directly royal but was a distant relative, their abilities feared people because they could make the impossible, possible. Once the werewolf kingdom was stabilised the king realised that the wolf who worked in the shadows was actually the one who all the wolves praise and follow. Fearing that his friend could overrule him he could only destroy him. However, destroying him wasn’t just enough, what he feared was not his friend but the blood that runs in his veins. The blood that allow him to possess such a powerful ability, the ability to influence people. So secretly him and Sebastian waited for a time to wipe the entire group out and so they did. The night where this wolf’s child was born and the group that followed him celebrated they strike. No matter whether it was child or women or elderly they slaughtered and slaughtered, an unexpected attack. They slaughtered so many wolves that night that the river was dyed in the colour of blood” 

“H-how did you escape?” 

“I was young, and amongst a group of children we was teleported out of the danger zone whilst watching our parent’s being slaughtered. We originally wanted to follow our parents to the afterlife but our leader or alpha in any case ordered us to live, he ordered us to protect the one person that could bring glory and avenge for our bloodline. So with that will we survived and procreated - we now have a bigger pack. We are here to serve our light, the light that will get rid of those horrid royals” Suddenly kneeling on his knees bowing to me Zero didn’t once give me a look in the eye. “Why are you bowing to me?” Wiping the tears away from my eyes I already know why he’s bowing to me, it was now no secret who I am. 

“You’re the heir to the Dalton group, you’re the one who had inherit the blood of Damien Dalton. Our previous and most powerful leader, you are Raine Dalton” 

A bitter smile creeps onto my lips, so the man I saw in my dream that time wasn’t just an illusion. It was my father, my real father. He who engraved the last bit of his energy to see me once more. Why am I such a failure? Looking at my hand I glance at Zero who is now looking at me. “Now I understand why you and the others hate the royals. I suppose the reason why Ian and the others weren’t so fond of me is because I am Noah’s mate. I am the Crown Princess” Slapping my forehead covering my eyes I groan. “So the parents I lived with at the Northern Moon pack weren’t my real parents. What’s with this bullshit? Why does it have to be me? I already… have enough” Tears leaked out from the sides of my eyes rolling down my cheeks, the crashing weight of responsibility is mentally straining me. 

“You will avenge for those that died for you right?” Zero asked but I didn’t respond, I simply don’t have the energy to. “You will avenge for those who sacrificed their lives for you right? Your adoptive parents protected you till the end, your real parents protected you till the end. The Northern Moon pack, the Dalton group, they all died with a wish of someone restoring their honour and glory. That person who is laying on that bed before sacrificed for you right? Are you really going to play the selfish card and run?” 

“Are you trying to play psychological games with me?” Glaring at him I pull my hand away from my face, I haven’t forgotten the blood that was shed. Most of all I don’t need him to tell me what to do. “My original plan was to kill the Queen, and restore the werewolf society with peace. That won’t change, in fact I will in return need your help. Though with your request about wiping out the royals, I’m afraid that I cannot do that” 

Growling Zero grabs me by my collar “Have you been too pampered as a princess to remember the amount of lives the Dalton group sacrificed?!” Grabbing his hand I pulled myself free - “I haven’t been pampered at all. Surely the royals in the past were horrid but times change. I will prove to you, the last horrid people from the royal palace will only be the Queen and Sebastian. Trust me, I have confidence in my friends and my mate. Together we can recreate a better society” 

My words alone weren’t enough to convince Zero at all. Perhaps I’m too naive to think a few words are going to change many years worth of hatred, “So you’re going to abandon us” It wasn’t a question he asked, he jumped to the conclusion already. “So in the end, we’ve been waiting for nobody but a weak woman who has never experienced pain like we did.” Laughing to himself as if he just made a fool out of himself, he immediately angered me. “I watched my best friend being put to death not long ago. I watched my pack being slaughtered, I watched my Alpha and father beheaded after being accused of betraying the werewolf society. I saw my mother succumb to death following my father into the afterlife, and now, my friend is in a vegetative state. The inability to save each one of them still haunts me in my sleep today, and those feelings make it clear why I’m living. I will kill the Queen, and I will create a new Northern Moon pack and you and the other wolves in this house will be my new members. My new family.” Reaching my hand out for Zero to take he glares at me whilst I reassured him with a smile. 

“The rogue way of living is no longer yours to hold. You and the other relatives of mine will no longer have to live in fear, so will you join me? To kill the Queen and to create a new pack?” 

I know he still wants revenge but he still has to consider about the other wolves in his group. The life of hiding and running away is not a life that anyone could easily cope with, “I know you still don’t trust me, or even trust me to convince the royals but you don’t worry about it. You know you can’t not trust me right? I am in other words your Alpha, I have no intention to let another pack of mine die.” 

Urging him to take it Zero scoffs with a smirk before grabbing onto my offered hand - “The Dalton group will be at your call. Alpha Raine” 

Long chapter... yeah, please forgive >< I'm suprised no one picked up on why Raine had a special abilty XD Anyway, please vote or comment below!