The Royal Thrive - Chapter 30 - Bloodline

Start from the beginning

“Calm down. Ian.”

Growling it doesn’t seem that Ian wants to listen, “Just let me kill them, the burning hatred inside me is-“ “I said calm down.” Baring his teeth at Ian the leader made Ian obey his wishes he didn’t utter another word but grab his chair and sit back down, moving his gaze away from Ian he glances back at us again. “My name is Zero and that’s all you need to know. I have taken you two here because there is someone who you might want to see” “We didn’t come to see someone” Nathan chirped in before I could ask a question so stepping on his foot harshly I try to make him shut up but he clearly had a lot of pain endurance.

“I’m sure Miss Avery next to you might be very interested.” Pointing at myself I titled my head slightly to the side, “Me?” Nodding at me Zero gives me a clear ‘yes’, I turn to look at Nathan who also looks at me with the same kind of confused expression. Sighing out loud Zero claps his hands two times to catch our attention again, “Once you see this person, I shall answer your questions” “Do we have your word for it?” I asked to confirm and without a second doubt Zero nods as Ian rolls his eyes along with the other wolves, they didn’t seem to be very impressed. “My mate Noah is coming. Don’t worry he’ll be coming alone” “Of course we won’t harm him, we don’t wish to make a reckless move” Chuckling Nathan stretches his back, “Right so chasing us through the forest like a a bunch of maniac dogs isn’t reckless, the royal guards around this area probably picked up on it by now” With confidence Zero’s smile startles Nathan, “You don’t have to worry, those royal guards are the very reason why we’re able to move around without being tracked. Now come, the second floor beholds someone who is waiting for Miss Avery”

Leading the way, as we step up the stairs something in my heart pounds. 

“Raine, turn back” 

‘What? Why?’ - not understanding why my wolf is begging me to turn back I crush her with confusion. 

“Just please turn back.” 

Before I could answer a huge scent washed across me, it was weak yet familiar. My palms are sweating - why am I nervous? 

“He’s been here for quite a while now. We’ve done the most we could do. He’s probably what you’d call in a vegetative state” Creaking the door open I stand right in the middle of the door watching it being opened for me with Nathan behind me. The scent of heavy medicine makes me want to vomit. The only thing I can hear right now is my heart beat pounding, it feels as if it’s going to jump out of my chest.

“N-Nathan. I’m not s-seeing things right?” I asked whilst grabbing onto his shirt with my body turned to him but my head still looking at the person laying on that bed with so many machines connected to him. Gritting my teeth I ran into the room to take a closer look, I could hear the machines all running. As I reached out to him to brush away the hairs covering his face my hand shook uncontrollably, my breathing became heavier and heavier. Softly brushing his hair away I got a full clear view of his face and immediately my legs weakened. “Shit.” I hear Nathan swear to himself as he help me stand back up, though I couldn’t. I start to let out whimpers out loud shaking my head not letting the tears run, “Raine, get a hold of yourself” Nathan whispers softly as I grab onto his shirt shaking. 

Zero slowly walks over and pats on my shoulder, “He’s been waiting for you. From the very start when we found him till the last time we spoke to him. Of course we spoke to him through methods that are beyond werewolf imagination. Though you might want to hurry up and connect to him before his wolf dies. There is very little life essence left in him” Crashing onto me like tsunami I shake my head whilst planting it in-between my hands - “Tell me, hurry up and tell me who am I” I gritted my teeth as I look up to Zero.