Chapter one ► the start.

I had this recurring dream when I was a kid. It was weird actually. I always had this particular dream when I was younger but it stopped when I turned 10. 

Tonight, I had that very same dream.

It always creeped me out. The thought of no one hearing you, unbearable isnt it?

I remember it plain as day. I'd be shouting and literally no one would hear me, walking straight past me.

"You alright Cal?" 

I looked up, seeing my mother. The bags under her eyes made me feel somewhat sorry for her. "Yeah." I nod.

"What are you doing up?" She asked, nodding her head towards the clock where it read 1:20am.

"Bad dream," I said waving her off. She looked at me questioningly, almost as if her eyes are asking me what dream. She knows. "I'm fine. Go back to bed."

She sat down at the kitchen table, hands interlocked together. "What's on your mind?"

I rubbed my right eye with my hand which was something I occasionally did to show that I was worried about something, "Do you remember when I was around ten and I'd get these recurring dreams?"

She nods and places her soft hand on top of mine. "Are you dreaming of it again?" She asked softly.

"That's why I'm up." I said, laughing softly through my nose. 

She sighed. "When I was little I used to have scary dreams all the time. All you have to do is count to ten and breathe deeply okay?" She smiled half heartedly.

I let my head drop as I smiled, remembering when she always came into my room and calmed me down by saying this. "Thanks mum."

She stood up and rested a hand on my shoulder, "No matter how old you are, you'll always be my baby." She said, placing a kiss on my head.

"I love you mum." 

She mussed my hair gently, "I love you too. Now go back to bed." 

I smiled half heartedly, "I will in a bit. I'll see you in the morning."

She lingered in the door way. "See you in the morning."

I stared back at my hands on the kitchen table. Sighing deeply to myself I began to count -

1

2

3

4

5

6

7

8

9

10.

I opened my eyes and looked around the dimly lit kitchen. 

This was only the start.

I do realise this is probably confusing but I'm just getting into the story. Comment and vote?